What's new

IR excursion in the park: part 2 of 2

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
98
Location
Houston, TX
There are 12 photos, so I split them into 2 threads.
These were all taken in Houston's Museum District with the Hoya R72 IR filter and a D70. They were processed in Photoshop using Gwarf's method.

Part 1 can be found here

1. The color processing here took me over an hour and a half, sou you better appreciate it :lol:
Reflectionforum.jpg


2. St. Paul's Methodist Church
StPaulforum.jpg


3. The reflection pool at the something monument. (It looks like a mini Washington monument)
ReflectionPoolforum.jpg


4. Another from the Japanese garden
Pagodaforum.jpg


5. Just a steeple (another that took a while to process)
Steepleforum.jpg


6. "Terrace"
Terraceforum.jpg
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rob
Another great set here.. Really like 3 and 6 this time! Keep them coming!
 
You are SO hooking me in this infrared thing. I have to try it because of you. Your shots are incredible!!

When it goes gradient from one overall tone near the top to another near the bottom, I wonder if that is a multiplied-blending mode layer, or if it just turns out that way....?:confused: I will have to try and find out!

Awesome shots. I have no comments really, they're just beautiful.
 
These are awesome. I will have to check out this technigue. HOW FUN.
I LIKE #3 the best....like them ALL.

Can't wait to see more.
 
PachelbelsCanon350D said:
When it goes gradient from one overall tone near the top to another near the bottom, I wonder if that is a multiplied-blending mode layer, or if it just turns out that way....?

I just read Gwarf's tutorial and found out. :lmao: Awesome tutorial, I bookmarked it.
 
These are just killer. Holy moly. I can t pick a fave here. They are all too good.
 
Without a doubt #3 is best shot, the gradient is perfectly balanced with the picture. On the same token I would be very carful when working with gradients, sometimes when I used graidents, I over did it and the picture turned out like I left it lying around in some acid chemical. #4 seems to be heading in that direction, but no where near as bad as how my photos turned out. The photos is great but I would keep that note in the back of my head.
 
PachelbelsCanon350D said:
I just read Gwarf's tutorial and found out. :lmao: Awesome tutorial, I bookmarked it.

Great shots here!
Pachbel-could you point me to the tutorial? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!
 
Wow - it's such a different take isn't it! I imagine shots like these are going to become increasingly popular!

Rob
 
Gracias Pachy.

Again, these shots are really sweet. I can't wait 'till I can afford a nice IR filter.............
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom