IR excursion in the park: part 2 of 2

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
There are 12 photos, so I split them into 2 threads.
These were all taken in Houston's Museum District with the Hoya R72 IR filter and a D70. They were processed in Photoshop using Gwarf's method.

Part 1 can be found here

1. The color processing here took me over an hour and a half, sou you better appreciate it :lol:
Reflectionforum.jpg

2. St. Paul's Methodist Church
StPaulforum.jpg

3. The reflection pool at the something monument. (It looks like a mini Washington monument)
ReflectionPoolforum.jpg

4. Another from the Japanese garden
Pagodaforum.jpg

5. Just a steeple (another that took a while to process)
Steepleforum.jpg

6. "Terrace"
Terraceforum.jpg

Reactions: Rob
Another great set here.. Really like 3 and 6 this time! Keep them coming!

You are SO hooking me in this infrared thing. I have to try it because of you. Your shots are incredible!!

When it goes gradient from one overall tone near the top to another near the bottom, I wonder if that is a multiplied-blending mode layer, or if it just turns out that way....?:confused: I will have to try and find out!

Awesome shots. I have no comments really, they're just beautiful.

These are awesome. I will have to check out this technigue. HOW FUN.
I LIKE #3 the best....like them ALL.

Can't wait to see more.

These are just killer. Holy moly. I can t pick a fave here. They are all too good.

Without a doubt #3 is best shot, the gradient is perfectly balanced with the picture. On the same token I would be very carful when working with gradients, sometimes when I used graidents, I over did it and the picture turned out like I left it lying around in some acid chemical. #4 seems to be heading in that direction, but no where near as bad as how my photos turned out. The photos is great but I would keep that note in the back of my head.

PachelbelsCanon350D said:
I just read Gwarf's tutorial and found out. :lmao: Awesome tutorial, I bookmarked it.

Great shots here!
Pachbel-could you point me to the tutorial? I can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Gracias Pachy.

Again, these shots are really sweet. I can't wait 'till I can afford a nice IR filter.............

Most reactions

New Topics

Back