Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,
I am back from eye surgery , and thank G-D I can see a fair amount better (with glasses, that is, still waiting for another 2 weeks before I can get a prescription) and after having spent 1 week in Ireland for the surgery, and having taken a few photos (thanks so much to all of those who gave me ideas of where to go), I thought I would post them here for you to see.
Unfortunately, I was really not up to traveling at all, but took a few photos of places I couldn't see, and didn't what was there, but at least now I can now enjoy seeing places that I had been, without knowing that I was there.
This is most probably the strangest trip I've ever taken, I fell in love with Ireland, the beauty, the majesty, the people, the spirituality that seems to flow in dips and eddies, swirling all around me, but most of it was felt, as I couldn't see very much at all.
These photos are not really for C&C as I couldn't see what i was really photographing (I know photography is usually not good when taken without being able to see what you're photographing), but feel free to C&C them anyway (it will help me build a thick skin:sexywink:)

So, with no further ado, here are the photos (quite a few of them)

$3 tree trunks in the glendalough Forest.jpg

$3 trees in the glendalough Forest.jpg

$Ancient Celtic Cross Tombstone - Monastic Village Glendalough.jpg

$Ancient rock wall in the Glendalough forest.jpg

$Bee on a leaf in Ireland - 2.jpg

$Bridge over Liffy River in Dublin.jpg

$Bridge to Ancient Monastic Village in Glendalough - Sepia.jpg

$Dublin - Friendship Locks on a bridge over the Liffey River -  Bokeh background.jpg

$Dublin - Friendship Locks on a bridge over the Liffey River.jpg.

Congrats on your eyes, man. Sounds like you're on your way. I remember your post about that and really felt for you - for whatever that's worth.

These pictures- of things you couldn't see- very interesting. Fascinating, even. Thanks for sharing.

Good to hear things are on the up

Good to hear things are on the up

Thanks Jaomul,
Thanks for the help on places to visit. unfortunately, I couldn't see much and really wasn't up to too much sight-seeing, so I did not get to all the places you recommended. Hopefully, I'll be going back there in about 6 months to a year, and I plan on spending more time then traveling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back