Ireland photos part 1 - Cliffs of Moher

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have literally thousands of photos from this trip. Finally got through the ones from our tour of the Cliffs. The good and bad news was that this was our best weather day in Ireland which meant the tour by boat was possible but of course that meant we were at the Cliffs during full sun so shadows were an issue and many of the angles that I wanted required shooting almost into the sun. These are my favorites. Feel free to comment/critique/offer processing suggestions. Most of these are jpegs that I just cropped and tweaked on my iPad.

Cliffs of Moher by SharonCat..., on Flickr
Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr
by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Nice set. Really like the first one. The eye is naturally drawn along the cliff and white water line.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Nice set. Really like the first one. The eye is naturally drawn along the cliff and white water line.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks! I appreciate your taking the time to comment.

Spectacular views! No doubt, shooting from the boat is challenging. Can't pick your angles, the scenery is moving, etc. You did a great job. The first one is really amazing.

Spectacular views! No doubt, shooting from the boat is challenging. Can't pick your angles, the scenery is moving, etc. You did a great job. The first one is really amazing.

Thanks! The boat had to head sort of into the waves to get to the cliffs so on the way out we were ducking the spray and really strong wind. I had my camera under my coat to keep everything dry during most of the ride out. Once we got there and the slowed down then of course the boat was bouncing all over - it was warm and sunny that day but it was breezy and the water was choppy. Most of these were taken one handed as I needed to hold on to keep from falling over. Picked the “wrong” side of the boat for the better angles with the sun - had to shoot over the heads of other passengers on the other side then when they turned and it was our turn we had the sun to deal with.

Lovely set.............

Thank you.......

Good lord, sounds worse than I thought! :lol: I'd have done the same thing, though - you're there, in the moment, and that's what you have to deal with.

Love the last shot! It's going to be a great reminder of that boat ride!

Most reactions

Back