Ireland photos part 2 - Aran Islands

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We took a ferry to Inisheer which was an absolutely beautiful island off the coast of Doolin. I have to admit that we only planned the visit to Inisheer in order to experience the ferry ride out to the Cliffs of Moher on the way back but Inisheer was just so gorgeous and interesting that it ended up being my favorite stop of the entire trip. Here are way too many photos of the island and the sights from the ferry!
Untitled by SharonCat..., on Flickr
But the view is fabulous by SharonCat..., on Flickr

What a gorgeous day! Looks like it was a blast.

You might consider a vertical crop of #3, to zoom in on this charming subject. :)

Very nice set - I'd love to get back to that part of the world one day.

I'm planning to go back but probably won't be for a few years. When Princess graduates HS we may do a few weeks through Europe and if so, Ireland will be part of that. Still need to see northern and Ssuthern parts of the Island.

What a gorgeous day! Looks like it was a blast.

You might consider a vertical crop of #3, to zoom in on this charming subject. :)

Nice idea thanks!

I think the shipwreck shots 7 and 9 are epic. I love the human silhouette. I think they could benefit from some more post work to emphasize the drama.

Awesome set!

I think the shipwreck shots 7 and 9 are epic. I love the human silhouette. I think they could benefit from some more post work to emphasize the drama.

Awesome set!

Thanks Zulu. I was really excited when I saw the girl in the bike helmet standing there. She really gives some scale to the shipwreck. According to our guide everyone was rescued when this ship sunk. A few weeks later there was a big storm and the islanders woke up to find the ship had been spit back out by the sea.

For most of these I just did a quick crop and tweak of the jpeg on my ipad. I have so many photos to go through at this point feeling a bit overwhelmed (freakin digital). These 2 posts today are all from the same day! I have 6 other days to get through. It took me a few weeks just to find time to cull and bin the ones that were dups or just duds. I was working on them out of sequence and my workflow got all messed up. Now I'm a bit more organized I hope. Once I take a first pass through all of them I'll go back and do a full edit on my favorites that I might print or use for other projects.

We took a ferry to Inisheer which was an absolutely beautiful island off the coast of Doolin. I have to admit that we only planned the visit to Inisheer in order to experience the ferry ride out to the Cliffs of Moher on the way back but Inisheer was just so gorgeous and interesting that it ended up being my favorite stop of the entire trip. Here are way too many photos of the island and the sights from the ferry!
I like them all, but I’d steal #5 off your wall!

Some lovely shots, I love Ireland.......

Thanks. I loved it too. I enjoyed the scenery and the people quite a lot. Would go back for sure.

I like them all, but I’d steal #5 off your wall!

The extremely rare and elusive SquarePeg b&w conversion...

All great. But 7 & 9 outstanding!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back