What's new

iris's starting to pop

vtf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Apr 1, 2010
Messages
2,125
Reaction score
242
Location
kansas city
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We just had a bunch of iris' pop open and I thought I'd share. I know they're flowers but what you think? They are the first I've shot in raw. I did do some PP on them.

1.
f5.6, 1/50s, iso100,
Iris2.jpg

2.
f5.6,1/50s,iso 100
iris1.jpg
 
I really like the second one. The first one is shot down on the flower which I think makes the shot meh. But the second one is shot from a great angle in my opinion. It would be nice to have the background a bit more out of focus I think. That one flower lower left hand corner of your main subject is distracting since the colors are so close but all in all nice job.
 
Nice colors. I would try and get the sky or the wall as thebackground so it stands out more, because the leaves and other flowers keep it from poping.
 
Thanks mcwfarms and AndreaB
 
I like both of them mostly. The bokeh has got the edge in picture 2..and the alignment is attractive. you did good to get them looking like this. In my experience the ones I come across aren't fully opened up or have awkward petal states - not so photogenic.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom