darich

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.darich.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi all.

I know there’s a link to Adorama on the forum and that many of you use and recommend them. I’ve never used them, but would on the strength of the forum’s recommendation. Has any one bought any used gear from them? How accurate are their ratings? Are they as good with used equipment as they seem to be with new stuff?

Cheers
Dave

I bought one of my lenses thru them (not sure witch one). Sometimes use their online printing service. Been very happy with the printing service and personally never have had any problems with them. Have read in a lot of reviews that their sale people can be a little pushy.

Very good, one of the best sites online. In tight competition with B+H, so both their prices are as good as you're going to get consistently.

Like B+H, Adorama is owned and run by Orthodox Jews, so the stores are closed for Shabbat (Friday evening through Saturday evening NYC Time) as well as various Holidays. The site does NOT accept online orders on those days either. So if you were reserving Saturday morning for a good online browse-and-shop, be prepared to find the order button disabled.

Iron Flatline said:
Like B+H, Adorama is owned and run by Orthodox Jews...

No s H I T? I had no idea!

Both Adorama and B&H Photo Video are excellent vendors. I’ve spent many thousands of dollars on both sites, and have never been disappointed. B&H tends to be a bit more spendy, but they are on the money when it comes to customer service.

I've bought 90% of my equipment from them, but never anything used. I've always found them to be a very reputable dealer, so I wouldn't hesitate. I'm sure they have a return policy.

I have just recently changed from B&H to Adorama. Adorama seems to have less of the NY attitude. But have not ordered anything used from them.

darich said:
Are they as good with used equipment as they seem to be with new stuff?

I made one used purchase from them.... a film back. It was missing the dark slide. They sent me one right away... no questions, no cost.

It was just the one experience, but it was a good one.

Pete

Adorama is great. I just bought a 50/1.8 Planar for a Rollei from them, advertised as very good, it was in mint condition. I don't care who runs the darn place as long as they care about their customers. :)

benhasajeep said:
I have just recently changed from B&H to Adorama. Adorama seems to have less of the NY attitude. But have not ordered anything used from them.

Wow I found just the opposite.

I've felt the pain of dealing with Adorama's customer service, or so they call it, and have had no attitude with B&H.

Many thanks for all the replies.
I checked keh.com and their 1Ds MKII is $50 cheaper than B&H.
All that remains to be seen now is if I've got the bottle to spend that much on a camera!!!!!
thanks all again
David

EDIT : Just noticed they're in Atlanta. That means if i get it posted to NYC i won't pay state tax. On that purchase it amounts to around $600 or £320
BIG saving even if the camera is a similar price!

i have ordered at least 10 things from keh in the last year and all expierences went awesome i picked up some bargain stuff and it was in awesome shape

I've never heard of KEH, I shall have to Google and check it out! However, I've ordered lots of times from Adorama and always gotten great, fast service. I ordered a used Nikon 24-120VR from them last week and I am eagerly awaiting it's arrival. However, I do worry that it's "used" and no picture was provided...

I've bought used stuff from B&H, KEH, and Adorama. All good experiences. There was only once I had to return an item to Adorama. It was a Pentax ME-F that no longer functioned with AF mode and they gladly took it back without question.

Most reactions

Back