Is anyone here truly brand loyal to someone?

Well im brand loyal to The Photo Forum, its the only one for me =)

Yes, but only because I'm monetarily tied to the brand. I have a lot of money in my gear and I like Canon's offerings.

I will purchase 3rd party equivalents of certain items that are cheaper and better suited for my needs (vivitar 285HV's vs. Canon 580EXII's) and have no apprehension when it comes to reccomending alternate brands of equipment to other.

Pentax cameras, Dodge trucks, Levi's 501s, H-D road bikes, Suzuki offroad bikes, Ruger rifles, S&W handguns, Colt pistols, Armalite rifles, Viper BR rifles, Rock River ARs, Beretta shotguns, Perazzi shotguns, Winchester brass, Hodgdon powder, Leupold glass, Cast Performance bullets, Coors Light, Sauza Hornitos, Shiner Bock, Makers Mark, Longmorn Single Malt, Skoal Pouches, Justin boots, Kelty backpacks, Pepsi, and whatever else works well for me, etc....

Brand loyalty is just that....what you have found that works for you well, and you follow them through thick and thin. Your comfort zone. Some zones are bigger than others. ;)

Ditto on the "some brands I won't buy!"

I am brand loyal most of the times.

Interesting responses. It's strange to see people divided about this. Half the responders would jump to whichever suits best, and the other half seem to be loyal customers.

Interesting responses. It's strange to see people divided about this. Half the responders would jump to whichever suits best, and the other half seem to be loyal customers.
But the ones who are "loyal customers" are so because they feel the brand they are loyal to are the ones that suits best. So that means that 100% would jump to whichever suits best since the ones they are loyal to does suit best.

If I wanted an absolute most dependable and reliable vehicle with a company that backs their products up, I would be going with the one that "suits best" which would be my brand loyalty, Toyota. The economy only doesn't allow me to go with my brand loyalty.

Chibamonkey, that doesn't look like "loyalty" listing 11 different companies for firearms/accessories :D

Brand loyalty is a silly thing. Use what you need to get the job done.

I'm "brand loyal" to dollar vs quality vs wife.

I try to "get away" with buying most for my dollar.

In term of cars, Toyota/Honda seem to be most reliable which increases their $$/quality.

In term of cameras, I have too much in Canon lens today. I may drool constantly over that D80, but I know I'm not switching :(

Pentax cameras, Dodge trucks, Levi's 501s, H-D road bikes, Suzuki offroad bikes, Ruger rifles, S&W handguns, Colt pistols, Armalite rifles, Viper BR rifles, Rock River ARs, Beretta shotguns, Perazzi shotguns, Winchester brass, Hodgdon powder, Leupold glass, Cast Performance bullets, Coors Light, Sauza Hornitos, Shiner Bock, Makers Mark, Longmorn Single Malt, Skoal Pouches, Justin boots, Kelty backpacks, Pepsi, and whatever else works well for me, etc....

Brand loyalty is just that....what you have found that works for you well, and you follow them through thick and thin. Your comfort zone. Some zones are bigger than others. ;)

Ditto on the "some brands I won't buy!"
Wow that's a lot of toys and recreational stuff.

I am brand loyal most of the time. I was looking for a battery grip on ebay. They all looked cheap so I had to spend the extra money on the actual canon one.

Brand loyalty is a funny thing. Its as if people associate the product with who they are. I for one really don't care. If I do buy something because of brand, its usually because I want to be unique (like I always wanted a Mac over a PC), but usually am disappointed by going the way of the black sheep. Its been my experience the masses go the way they do for a reason, and fighting it only costs you more money and more frustration.

Brand loyalty is a silly thing. Use what you need to get the job done.

You assume that I was talking about a tool. Ignore the notion of photography or cars. Does anyone like Hugo Boss cloths more than Tommy Hifliger for whatever reason? Neither brand has products that would get the job more done than the other really when you think about it.

Although come to think of it I do know someone who has an unhealthy obsession with Ralph Lauren for some reason.

I forget now why I started this topic but the notion of brand loyalty to me seems to stem from the idea that the brand is loyal to you. I like Boss much more than Hifliger because the suits fit me very well. I like Nikon in general because I have a 1970s Nikon FE that is still working and I have never had anything with Nikon written on it break. (yes canon cameras of that era still work too, but I don't have one).

I just use what works best for me. Reliability, usability, price, are all factors.... I shop at the 99¢ store, I buy supermarket branded stuff, I own a few different brands of cameras, and use most.

It seems that some people confuse "brand loyalty" with using what works best. In my mind, someone that's brand loyal would use that brand even if it was inferior, just because of the name.

Loyal to a point or until there product no longer meets my needs.
with the exception of my sponcors i have to be loyal for one year :)
Thanks to Ogio,Monster energy,Pro wheels,Fly racing ,Acerbis , Interstate trailers , Hinson cluches ,and Scott usa.......... Oh yea and chevy trucks

Most reactions

Back