Not open for further replies.

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
In this day and age... heck in 8 year ago's day and age... how does this make any sense?

Welcome to B&H Photo!
We are temporarily not accepting orders.
Online ordering will resume at Saturday 7:45 PM EDT.

Do they just have like thousands of keebler elves lined up watching computer screens for the orders, stuffing boxes as they come in, quickly! Before the order scrolls off the screen! Quickly! Oh noes! We missed one!

:confused:

*Chris goes off to purchase his stuff from Adorama, since they are apparently willing to keep the elves working on the weekend.*

The owners of B&H photo follow a strict Jewish faith...and I believe their temporary closing has something to do with the bunch of Jewish holidays that are going on this time of year.

Kenny's got it right. I still buy the bulk of my equiptmnt from B&H. Good prices and never any problems.

Well, ok, at least that explains it. I can't say I think it makes sense... but it explains it.

It's also not nearly as funny as the keebler elf theory.

You people are such killjoys. :)

yea, it does seem strange that they cant take orders and such, but the reason is because during Yom Kippur the same rules as sabbath appley...All Sabbath-like work restrictions. In addition, there are special restrictions against eating, washing, annointing, marital relations and wearing leather shoes

And B&H is does not accept any orders on Saturdays. As far as I know this has been going on for years.

I grew up around Hasidic Jews, so I understand what they do... and yes, it's pretty much Keebler elves - dressed in black. Go to the store if you're ever in New York, it's a sight to see. But don't bother going on Saturdays.

By the way, Adorama is also run by Hasids. I think theire site shuts down for Shabbat and the holidays as well...

In this day and age... heck in 8 year ago's day and age... how does this make any sense?

If as crazy as they get is taking a few days off that's fine with me. Some folks get real nutty with their religion...

9/11
suicide bombings
the President of the USA starts a war on a mission from God
honor killings
all the senseless killing in the middle east in general

I'm not Jewish, but, personally, I think it is cool that they follow their beliefs to that extent. I'm sure it is not a "good" business decision if all you are concerned about is the bottom line. It tells me that the company is concerned about people and principles and in my dealings with B&H that has always been true. If I have had an issue with something I purchased from them, they took care of it.

I personally don't care whether or not they're sitting there live to read the order as it comes in or not. I just want to be able to place it when it's convenient for me and they can fill it when they get back. So far, every time I've started to get something from them I've gotten one of those popups, gone to Adorama, and given them my business.

Seems like fairly often it's on my doorstep before B&H is even willing to let me try to place an order.

I personally don't care whether or not they're sitting there live to read the order as it comes in or not. I just want to be able to place it when it's convenient for me and they can fill it when they get back. So far, every time I've started to get something from them I've gotten one of those popups, gone to Adorama, and given them my business.

Seems like fairly often it's on my doorstep before B&H is even willing to let me try to place an order.

Yup, that's kind of where I'm coming from. B&H has lost about $2000 in business from me to Adorama just this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back