Is being 'gripped' a status symbol?

Nothing says "steal me" more than a grip, even a cheap one on a cheap camera.

I think having the equipment in the signature is retarded anyway and is just a way to gloat and justify purchases.

I have mine listed in my sig in case a member has any questions about a particular piece, they know I have it and can feel free to ask about it. This has proved useful several times as there are not a lot of references out there with regard to some of the Tokina lenses I have and there have been a few members contact me about my opinions on them.

Its only a status symbol if you have the OEM grip.... third party doesn't count! ;)

Grip = Pro?

Time to get a grip!

Bought a grip a couple of months ago... tried it once and HATED it! I have tiny hands :( So it's sitting in the box in my closet.

I don't find it to be something that's necessarily worth it.

Oh no, how am I ever going to rotate the camera 90 degrees to get a vertical photo.

It's convenient, and I do like it on my 1D, but it's not something I'm ping to rush out and spend money on.

I have my camera gripped. I never listed it though. Having the vertical options is awesome and makes my camera easier to hold. I always find myself holding it by the grip also by my side while between shots also. Also having the second battery in my camera is an awesome feature. I never thought of it as a status thing though.

I like grips. Helps slow shutter hand held shots. Plus my hands are wide so it feels better lol. As far as looks I can care less.

Most reactions

Back