Is being 'gripped' a status symbol?

I think having the equipment in the signature is retarded anyway and is just a way to gloat and justify purchases.

I have mine listed in my sig in case a member has any questions about a particular piece, they know I have it and can feel free to ask about it. This has proved useful several times as there are not a lot of references out there with regard to some of the Tokina lenses I have and there have been a few members contact me about my opinions on them.

You don't have ANY of those conspicuous red "L"'s that soooo many Canon fans seem to have...don't you feel awfully insecure without "L"uxury-branded lenses? Oh, wait, you're a Nikon user...you don't need that kind of stroking...

I have large hands, and find a grip really improves handling... especially with larger, heavier lenses.

I love the fact I only charge my batteries once a week....

Actually I haven't had to charge them since I was in California late august, early September.

I think having the equipment in the signature is retarded anyway and is just a way to gloat and justify purchases.

Hehe.. Actually, I put my camera and lenses in my signature so people would understand why my photos look like they were shot with an old 6 megapixel camera. They were!

Heck, I don't think my camera even can be gripped! Wait, I just checked and it can with a BGE-1 available used on ebay for $45. :D

Hey my "new" D200 is coming with a grip. Cool, now we can talk. Yesterday, before my 200 purchase, it didn't mean crap. Now? I think we should start a thread and only let gripped camera owners participate.
Actually, I've had a grip for my Bronica for many years and seldom use it. But that doesn't matter. I'm still cool because I own one.

For me, the real benefit was that I could use AA batteries. A lot cheaper than the custom battery that Canon sells, and I can get AA batteries anywhere.

It sure is for this Heineken!!!!!!!!

7725169260_3de72b9978.jpg

My 35mm is gripped. Now it runs on AA batteries. Was getting sick of buying CR2 batteries at $15 each which didn't last long at all. I have to say it has transformed.my.camera. Much easier to hold, especially if I have a heavy lens on the front. Plus it looks cool haha.

Just read some comments on another forum, started out as "my gripped 7D...". Having a grip on the camera was not relevant to the discussion, so here it looked like bragging to me. Typing this while my gripped Canon XSi sits next to me, allowing me to comment!

Rick58 said:
Hey my "new" D200 is coming with a grip. Cool, now we can talk. Yesterday, before my 200 purchase, it didn't mean crap. Now? I think we should start a thread and only let gripped camera owners participate.
Actually, I've had a grip for my Bronica for many years and seldom use it. But that doesn't matter. I'm still cool because I own one.

Thank god owning a grip makes you cool. I took mine off so my D800 would fit in my smaller camera bag. I also have a grip for my D60. Guess I'm like the Fonz or something for having TWO grips.

Gripped NIKON owners! We don't want that gripped Canon riff-raff in there.

zOMG---my avatar photo is of ME, with my gripped Canon 5D classic. SOOOOooooooo ashamed...I feel dirty...

zOMG---my avatar photo is of ME, with my gripped Canon 5D classic. SOOOOooooooo ashamed...I feel dirty...

There's the door>>>>

My grip cost more than your grip! :p

Most reactions

Back