Is Camera Ruined

SuperMom30

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I let my sister barrow my canon S5 IS and now it has a small scratch on leans.:playball: The lens cap never stays on (one thing I hate about this cam) she put it in her purse..cap popped off as always and something scratched the lens. Now my photo's suck! There hazy or out of focus. Macro shot is sooo not happening now but then a few frams it will shoot clear. The scratch is very small and tord the rim also not deep. I have checked my settings and that good (it has also started clicking when the lens comes out. Here are some of the photos it's taking, need to know if it's from the scratch or what.

20090701_48.jpg

5 frames later
20090701_43.jpg

20090701_2.jpg

20090701_15.jpg

20090701_1.jpg

A couple thoughts : you said the lens is clicking - perhaps it got dirt in it while inside her purse. My other thought is, perhaps she dropped the camera and didn't tell you. If it were me, I'd ask her if anything happened to the camera [throw a few suggestions her way -did it drop, get wet etc.] while she had it and see what she says. Then you'd have abetter place to begin on figuring out whats wrong with it. Good luck.

that first shot seems like u went from a nice air conditioned room to the very hot and humid outdoors causing the lens to fog up like hell. hence the reason that the shot is better 5 frames letter.. (the lens adjusted to the temp outside)

Those whom I know are knowledgeable about lenses say that minor scratches on the front element of a lens make none or so small a difference you can't tell. The fogging sounds plausible.
Murray

Most reactions

New Topics

Back