Is Canon number #2?

Canon vs Nikon, will it ever end ?

In Toronto indeed you can see more Canon DSLR then Nikon.
It will never ends, this "war" is fueling sales.
In Toronto, when you look at the Craigslist you can see two distinctive groups of sellers: first is selling theirs Canon gear as they switch to Nikon, the second one is selling Nikon gear as they go back to Canon.:lol:

All depends on if you are hanging out with professionals or amateurs. All depends on what Best Buy has on sale around Christmas, and how good the sales people are. I don't think one has a huge market share over the other.

It's the ford vs Chevy, apple vs android, Red Sox vs Yankees.

Either way the consumer wins in the end by having a competitive market.

In Toronto, when you look at the Craigslist you can see two distinctive groups of sellers: first is selling theirs Canon gear as they switch to Nikon, the second one is selling Nikon gear as they go back to Canon.:lol:

Most of the equipment in my area on CL is Nikon...once in a blue moon do I actually find Canon gear. It is sadly disappointing for my equipment bag...:sigh:

Examining Fiscal Year 2012 Sales for Olympus, Sony, Nikon and Canon | Fstoppers

Canon makes a lot of money selling office machines...everybody knows Canon makes bitchin' photocopiers and calculators, right?

4296650296_dbd028d434_z.jpg

(This picture was shot with an old Nikon d-slr. Had it been shot with a Canon d-slr it would have been amazingly astounding and utterly awesome.)

I tend to hang out with photographers community and taking photography classes. I see most photographers carries Nikon camera. Seems like Nikon is very popular than Canon.
You need a way larger sample size before you can draw any even halfway accurate conclusions, because the market for both is worldwide.

Canon is a much larger company than Nikon is.

Canon Inc. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Canon is organised into three principal business segments: the Office Business Unit (the products of which include copying machines, digital production printers, large format inkjet printers, laser printers, and multi-function devices); the Consumer Business Unit (the products of which include broadcasting equipment, calculators, compact digital cameras, digital SLR cameras, digital video camcorders, image scanners, interchangeable lenses, inkjet
multifunction printers, and single function inkjet printers); and the Industry and Others Business Unit (the products of which include computers, handy terminals, LCD lithography equipment, magnetic heads, medical imaging equipment, micromotors, ophthalmic equipment, and semiconductor lithography equipment).[SUP][18][/SUP]

Nikon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nikon also manufactures ophthalmic equipment, loupes, monoculars, binocular telescopes, microscopes, laser rangefinders, cameras for microscopy, optical and video-based measurement equipment, scanners and steppers for the manufacture of integrated circuits and liquid crystal displays, and semiconductor device inspection equipment. The steppers and scanners represent about one third of the income for the company as of 2008.[SUP][69][/SUP] Nikon has also manufactured eyeglasses, sunglasses, and glasses frames, under the brands Nikon, Niji, Nobili-Ti, Presio, and Velociti VTI.[SUP][70][/SUP]

The people i go out taking shots with there are more Leica shooters does that mean Leica are number 1 i also shoot Canon and i always see more Canon shooters than Nikon

Last edited:
there are much better cameras out there than canon/nikon.

just because it's the most popular, doesn't mean it's the best..
Just out of curiosity what cameras are better then Nikon and Canon ?

LOL, cute

Canon and Nikon are the leading companies when it comes to professional cameras that do not only produce good quality, but also have the best autofocus and other such secondary hardware in them.

Who is #1 and who is #2 ? Well, when you ask about the quality of the cameras themselves, thats a head to head race since decades. In some respects Nikon is better, in others Canon is better.

It's the ford vs Chevy, apple vs android, Red Sox vs Yankees.

Either way the consumer wins in the end by having a competitive market.
The market for cameras is already hopelessly deterioated. Thats not a truely competitive market anymore, but a definite oglipole of a small group of big companies that dominate the market.

there are much better cameras out there than canon/nikon.

just because it's the most popular, doesn't mean it's the best..
Just out of curiosity what cameras are better then Nikon and Canon ?
I'm fairly sure the poster was joking.

Other than that, if you have specific demands, and/or unlimited financial ressources, then theres of course better.

Sony isn't number one, and enjoy my a700. Shoot what get's the job done, not what Ashton Kutcher or whichever tennis player Canon can buy up recommends.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back