Is everyone ready?

...For the onslaught of "How do I use my new camera?" threads, :lol:.

It doesn't look like it's started yet, but I'm sure it's coming.

Wow, you knew I was coming but you didn't bake me a cake :x

:lol:

...It happens every year. A week or two after Christmas, everyone joins to try to figure out their new toys.

Some people can just get a little overworked by it...
I personally don't mind it, and it can be quite entertaining at times.

Well, to be fair, my camera was for my Birthday...

My ZOOM lens was for Christmas ;)

LOL This should be titled thread of the year :D I remember those days, they were the most exciting days and boy oh boy did the questions fly.

HEY! HEY! I came on BEFORE i got my camera. Thank you very much. I got a nice head start to asking the 'n00b' questions because i knew the line ups would be just totally over the roof around this time....

Cake? Do you mean Casserole?

But whatever i know this has already been said but im just going to echo it. Please remember we all have to start some where and i can understand the frustration with the 'newbie' type questions but i think people should still *try* and be nice. This is a public forum meaning it welcomes all people both 'right out of the box beginners' and professionals so there are going to be all sorts of questions obviously. To be honest, EVERY forum has them though, cameras or not, you just have to get used to it and learn to deal.

I am aware this was a light headed joke though, and i do certianly have a sense of humour and am not personally offended in anyway but i was just saying!

:D

Oh but whatever a little humour that you can all laugh at, it took me like 10 minutes to figure out how to zoom in and out. I was looking every where until i got the bright idea to turn the lens randomly.... In my defense it was early in the morning... early as in before noon.

Btw, i like this person:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ryone-thinking-they-wedding-photographer.html

Last edited:
:hail: o.k....I got the Nikon lens to fit on the Canon. Thank you John, and Tom for your pms on the technical stuff too. Now, does anyone know how to adjust the depth of field between the lens and the camera body. Do I have to remove the duct tape everytime I need to do this? :er:

All I can say is that I wish I could make a "how do I use this new camera" thread :(

that and I wish I had my computer here - this fossil takes an age to load and the mouse is bust...........

:hail: o.k....I got the Nikon lens to fit on the Canon. Thank you John, and Tom for your pms on the technical stuff too. Now, does anyone know how to adjust the depth of field between the lens and the camera body. Do I have to remove the duct tape everytime I need to do this? :er:

I think cokin sells a filter kit that allows you to adjust the DOF. It gets hard wired to your brain so you just have to think of the results and it will auto adjust the camera

I think cokin sells a filter kit that allows you to adjust the DOF. It gets hard wired to your brain so you just have to think of the results and it will auto adjust the camera

Isnt that called a remote? Maybe? I do have this wire thingy, that I can pull, and it makes things flash. :lmao::lol::lmao:

At least no-one has asked where the film goes in their digital camera...
I had a thread deleted, cause I just picked up the most awesomest Canon Rebel G film camera, but it does not have a preview screen. Nobody would help me, so I guess the invisible mods removed it. :lol::lmao::lol:

Hey guys!

I'm new here and so excited to get started.

Yesterday I just got my very digital camera, a D700 niko. It's awesome! I'm not really sure how to use it yet but it looks really cool. I read through the first chapter of the manual so I have it pretty much figured out now.

Also, now that I have it I'm having trouble coming up with a name for my new photography business now that I'm going pro, should I be original and add "photography" at the end of my name?

Also, anyone know any good photo editors? I need something easy to use and will do everything free. I heard about this thing called photoshop, but it's so expensive. My pictures just don't look the same as they do on my cellphone. I asked my friend about it, he also recommended photoshop. It looks hard to use but I was told that I can just get something called "actions" that will do everything for me and will automatically look amazing but I can't find the Amazing Action.

Please help!

Most reactions

Back