Is Honesty gone? Are we just a kiss and coddle forum now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I would say that commenting on such a photo then speaks to the profound lack of intelligence on the person doing it.

You know, like you do.

There are a few people here whose self-worth and sense of value is directly proportional to how derogatory they can be when commenting on someone's photos. If they're not tearing someone a new one, they feel as though their value is mitigated. That manifests itself by their inability to simply move on and not comment at all. They can't control the urge. The very idea that they might get upset by someone posting a bad photo is alarming, and there's probably even a clinical name for it.

I've seen plenty of their stuff. Some of it's very good.

Some of it blows...

This confirms it. I'm QUITE certain that you're either a professional troll, or just kinda "not nice". I put more stock in the troll theory.

(I've softened that quite a bit so the mods won't lock the thread... please do read between the lines.)

It seems as though you like to pick and choose your "brutal honesty".

I don't care if you think I'm a troll or not.

Speak your mind; if you've got a thought, post it. Man up and say what's on your mind.

You've failed to illustrate how anything I've said is incorrect...

Pick and choose... when giving it? So I'm brutal with some and not with others? Err... well, yeah. Not everyone needs brutal honesty. You want me to be brutally honest with Mish on her flower pics? :lol: I mean, come on. I'm not going to walk up to Martin Scorcese and tell him that his movies are really lacking... nor am I going to have the balls to tell him how great I think he is. T

elling someone who's really good what you think of their work is pretty laughable. If they're that good, you're in no position to judge them either way. You are only in a position to be carried off by their work.

elling someone who's really good what you think of their work is pretty laughable. If they're that good, you're in no position to judge them either way. You are only in a position to be carried off by their work.

It must be a sad existence; being here only to tell people how bad they are, and not compliment those who are very good.

Oh, and I've never been "carried away" by someone's work. I don't even know what that means, but it sounds really silly...

It must be a sad existence; being here only to tell people how bad they are, and not compliment those who are very good.

Oh, and I've never been "carried away" by someone's work. I don't even know what that means, but it sounds really silly...

Yup. Troll.

You're quite good at it, too, but I'm wise to your little game.

One can only wonder at why you had "personal issues" with one of the mods at the forum you were banned from. :lol:

Troll-atsof-573277_520_464.jpg

Yup. Troll.

You're quite good at it, too, but I'm wise to your little game.

One can only wonder at why you had "personal issues" with one of the mods at the forum you were banned from. :lol:

Troll-atsof-573277_520_464.jpg

And wonder is all you'll get to do, because you're hardly significant enough to share the details with.

Oh, and just calling someone a "troll" without pointing out why is stupid. You all but admitted that you have no interest in telling someone who posts good work that their work is good, so how is mentioning that trolling? As for asking about being "carried away", I honestly have no idea what you mean when you say that.

Not addressing points that are brought up, and just calling someone a troll is, in fact, trolling itself...

You two have made my three front-row tickets to this weekend's p!$$ing match at the Civic Arena totally worthless---now people can see one here for FREE! Stop it! I need to unload these tickets!!!!

:lol:

Just tryin' to make you some coin, Derrel! I hear the D600 is coming out, and I figured you'd like to have the complete set! :)

Wellllll, Charlie, I guess you got your answer....

definitely NOT all kissing and coddling! :biglaugh:

But this has nothing to do with critique really.. and it doesn't really help anyone. We have one or two very negative people that chimed in.. and sort of stole the focus of the entire thread. I guess that is what Troll's do... it is unfortunate though. It is typically an attention seeking device for those with inferiority complexes... or so I am told! I think these links have information that definitely cover some of the actions we have see here! A common thread in Trolls appears to be immaturity, and a lack of self worth. Sad, really!

Comment Trolling Has A Psychological Explanation | TechCrunch

BBC News - Trolling: Who does it and why?

Troll Psychology: A discussion on ‘internet bullying’ | Daily Grind

And I think that is quite enough for now.
Time to head out, clear your heads, get a walk and take some photos I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back