Is it art?

Courtney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a ton fo friends in my photography class and they all seem to have diferent opinions on the subject. post your thoughts, doy ou think taking pictures of women in a more riske way like playboy does, iss till considered art?

heres an example

http://www.paulbuceta.com/images/photography/sarah_scotford/images/sarah_scotford_012.jpg

If you're not sure, a photographer that makes his living off these types of photos can be found at www.paulbuceta.com. takea looka t his work... post what you have to say!

im guessing its art because of the fact that the photographers know all their stuff and possibly outside these photoshoots take other kinds of photos...plus, any fool couldn't take good pictures

What is art and what isn't? Their is no answer to this question. It is completely subjective. If you think it is, it is. If you don't think it is, it isn't... The word art by itself has no meaning. What is important is the social representation that goes with it. That representation is different to everyone and depends on people's personal experiences and culture. So, "what is art?" is a question that no one should ask on an internet forum, just because we all come from very different cultural backgrounds.

i can rip a sleeve off my shirt, roll it in mudd, burn a bit of it... then frame it...

some would call me a genius... some would call me an idiot....

as deudeu said... there is not answer to what is and isn't art...

i would say some people are more artistic than others... as in creative, or can look at something and read further into it than most...

Anything that can be viewed as art, is art. The subject matter does not make or not make it art. That's why a urinal can be art. And personally, I don't think anything is more artistic than a nicely shot nude.

Members: to tell you the truth, I much doubt this member is coming back to follow the discussion. So trying to give answers to "Courtney"'s quest seems moot. All her (?) posts want to do is advertise the website of that Paul Buceta. Thanks, Battou, for being alert enough to remember she has done the same before.

Giving anyone the benefit of doubt, I'm not taking away this post (only edited the first post), but maybe you best no longer reply at all.

what a weird website stalker psycho type.

Battou, i see hahaha, why would someone do it twice?

I like to call them "Human Spam bots" They get the benifit of the doubt and are allowed to continue, but since there is only one reason they are at any given site they repete themselves or go away, and this is one instance where they did not go away. :er:

Art is in the eye of the beholder, just like beauty is.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back