Is there a name for this type of photography?

ThereSheGoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love photos of people, but I especially love some of the unusual photos with a person or multiple people are posed in an unusual way (like feet up in the air, sprawled on the ground face down, etc) in an abstract setting, or have abstract props, vintage-y or unusual outfits, vivid makeup, and so on. I like the whole Rockabilly genre too, which would fall into this. I'm not really sure how to describe it, other than these types of photos would look really cool as a rock band album cover or something. I would really love to figure out what inspires these photographers. I actually have a friend of a friend who takes these kinds of photos, and I think they look really awesome, but I won't want to post her pics without permission since they are on her Facebook page. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable asking her permission, either. LOL.

You can only post your own pics on this site, if I am correct.
Why not start a thread with guidelines of what you would like to see?

post a link

I was just about to post this same question! Lol. Last night, I did a photo shoot for fun with a couple friends and they were really getting creative with their poses, feet in the air, etc. I'll post a new thread in a little while.

"planking" and "levitation" are two new, fun, funky posing styles.

I was just about to post this same question! Lol. Last night, I did a photo shoot for fun with a couple friends and they were really getting creative with their poses, feet in the air, etc. I'll post a new thread in a little while.

Yeah, I've seen some of those online. WTH is with planking? Pretty bizarre/potentially dangerous. LOL.

I love photos of people, but I especially love some of the unusual photos with a person or multiple people are posed in an unusual way (like feet up in the air, sprawled on the ground face down, etc) in an abstract setting, or have abstract props, vintage-y or unusual outfits, vivid makeup, and so on. I like the whole Rockabilly genre too, which would fall into this. I'm not really sure how to describe it, other than these types of photos would look really cool as a rock band album cover or something. I would really love to figure out what inspires these photographers. I actually have a friend of a friend who takes these kinds of photos, and I think they look really awesome, but I won't want to post her pics without permission since they are on her Facebook page. I'm not sure I would feel comfortable asking her permission, either. LOL.

Slow down. You are all over the place with this description. Maybe just post a link to their pictures or find something on flickr that is close to what youre talking about.

Yeah, I've seen some of those online. WTH is with planking? Pretty bizarre/potentially dangerous. LOL.

It is a representation of the fallen.

if they are a friend of a friend and you like there style why not just go to them directly and strike up a converstation about it. seems allot easier then trying to describe what someone else is doing and asking here.

Hold on people, as far as I could understand, he wants to know what the kind of photography is, not how to approach to the friend's friend right??? :p
If these pics are in Facebook as a public album then YES you could post a link for us to give you our opinion on the kind of photography, am I right guys? ;) can't wait to see these, sounds like Abstract Photography

Slow down. You are all over the place with this description. Maybe just post a link to their pictures or find something on flickr that is close to what youre talking about.

LOL I know it's all over the place... I guess because she posts so many unique photos, and I like many of them.

It is a representation of the fallen.

Like fallen soldiers, or just fallen people in general?

Hold on people, as far as I could understand, he wants to know what the kind of photography is, not how to approach to the friend's friend right??? :p
If these pics are in Facebook as a public album then YES you could post a link for us to give you our opinion on the kind of photography, am I right guys? ;) can't wait to see these, sounds like Abstract Photography
If these pics are in Facebook as a public album then YES you could post a link for us to give you our opinion on the kind of photography, am I right guys? ;) can't wait to see these, sounds like Abstract Photography[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm a woman! LOL. I guess I need a signature, huh? :lol:

I will check to see if they are in a public album. Yeah I kept wanting to call it Abstract, but when I Google Abstract, a lot of Abstract Still-Life type stuff comes up.

Darnit. Her albums aren't public.

Well, one of my favorites is of a girl wearing a kind of vintagey dress with a rockstar hairdo & makeup, sitting on the floor. There are a ceramic teacup and tea kettle suspended in the air above her. She is leaning an arm on a chair that has a creepy old baby doll on it. The doll is sitting in front of a small table and having a tea party, apparently. It is kind of whimsical, I guess. I guess Whimsical and Abstract are the best ways to describe some of her photos.

you could right click on the image and hit "copy image url" and post that

Most reactions

New Topics

Back