What's new

is there a soft box that fits britek bb-50 strobes?

TaraDJ

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 1, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
South Carolina
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have these little Britek strobe lights that came with umbrellas but would like to get soft boxes. Are there any that you know of that would fit or does anyone know where I could get a speed ring for this? Am I just going to have to purchase different strobes? - thanks
 
After looking a round some, it doesn't seem they make a speedring for those units, but I am not familiar with them. The BB-50 sure doesn't put out much light. I recommend at least 200 w/s when using softboxes or brollys.
Visit Strobe(flash) lights, click on 'Contact us by email', and ask them about speedrings.

I recommend you get strobe units compatible with Elinchrom Speedrings. Like the Calumet Genesis 200 or a softbox kit like Calumet Genesis 200 Soft Box Kit
 
Thank you Keith. That's what I was afraid of...
 
Thank you Keith. That's what I was afraid of...
Often, buying the cheap stuff on eBay isn't really cheap, but more like just wadding money up and throwing in the trash.

Few see past the price, so they can consider the cost.

It's like with tripods. Many by a chap tripod, and it breaks or isn't stable enough for what they want to do. So, they buy a little bit more expensive tripod, that breaks or isn't stable or versatile enough for what they want to do. So they buy a third tripod that's close, but now they have better, and heavier, gear and tripod #3 doesn't have enough weight capacity.

So they have spent $500 to learn they needed to buy a $500 tripod in the first place, but now have to spend $500 more to get the $500 tripod they should have gotten first, thus spending $1000 to wind up with a $500 tripod. :er:
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom