Is there anything neat tp photograph in NYC?

wxnut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dougraflikphotography.com
Ill be in NYC for 10 days and was wondering, as a photographer, what is a must to see? Statue of Liberty. Brooklyn Bridge. (Not interested in ground zero). What else?

Thank You,

Doug Raflik

When I read the title I almost choked, I was afraid the martians had landed.:lmao:

Ten days is not enough time to see 1/100000 of the attractions you can set your eyes on.

Figure what you may want to photograph - such as buildings, bridges, people, arts, parks, people, people, and people's pets, famous stores, the list goes on and on...

You could stand in Times Square for ten days and just shoot. Be prepared for all kinds of good stuff, 24/7.

Google different items:
buildings in NYC
People places in NYC
Parks in NYC
What to photograph in NYC.

Oh yeah, NYC is pretty safe these days, the body guards you will hire are well trained and not too expensive.

If you get confused contact me, I live 20 miles from the city. Maybe we will meet for lunch and shots one day.
Pierre

Also... for street photography, the weekend (and the last part of Friday) is far more interesting than the weekdays.

Union Square tends to attract independent artists and performers. Wonder around Central park and Battery Park. Oh then there's China town. Oh then... heck.. There's just so much in NYC.

When I saw the title I felt the same way as pbelarge. Theres too much to list, but you could find out who's buried in Grants tomb.:lol:

Obviously you have never been, or you wouldnt be asking, but man....I shared the same opinion as above, the place is filled with everything you can imagine. It is a photographers dream. You could literally just walk around all day for weeks and never shoot the same thing twice.

Other than the things mentioned above I would recommend checking out these as well:

-Grand Central Station
-South Street Seaport
-Empire State Building - if you are interested in shooting night/sunset cityscapes get to the observatory deck just before sundown. You will NOT be disappointed.
-Yankee Stadium, I haven't been to the new one yet but its on my list as soon as I get a chance to go back
-Random stuff on the street - you will see everything you can imagine and more, some of my favorite shots have come from street vendors, subway stations, parking garages, city traffic, etc.

Hell, just walk around and try and think creatively and you wont miss, be sure and take a BUNCH of memory, cause you will chew through it super fast.

Enjoy your stay!

Been away for awhile. Thought I would share what I found...

ny06.jpg

ny28.jpg

ny36.jpg

ny37.jpg

ny52.jpg

More here...
Trip to New York City

Guys,

I just visited Rockefeller Center's observation deck for the first time. Definitely do that! Stunning views of the city north and south as well east and west for that matter.

Danny

Most reactions

Back