XT for $300 and XTI for $400. I believe it is a little high. Keep looking. Past weekend, there was a lady post an XTi Kit on the local craigslist for $200 (I asked and she reply she took about 5000 photos with the camera).
Of course, $200 is a steal. And I think $300 will be a fair price. (By the way, XTi is 400D, not 450D)
Not sure if you aware of this. Canon has a loyalty program, if you (or someone you know) have an old canon camera, work or broke. The program will let you replace your canon camera with a refurbished Canon camera for a fee.
i.e. a Canon EOS XTi refurbished with kit lens is around $350 with 6 months warranty and XT maybe around $300.
Phone number to call: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]866-443-8002 or 800-828-4040.
Of course, they do offer some other P&S type refurbished cameras as well.
[/FONT]