Is this a horrible shot at HDR?

mrshaleyberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw the sun setting and decided to make a dash for it and try some bracketing so I could take a shot at HDR. I realize that the more "natural" it looks, the better. I'm no "pro" at HDR whatsoever, so take this thread (all you HDR pros) with a grain of salt. I was just having fun, and thought it turned out pretty cool. Saturation may be too much for some, but I love brilliant colors, so please forgive me!

Thanks! C&C away!

I like.

Too much HDR effect makes a photo cartooney. This one is pretty.

GREAT SHOT

I do really like this shot. I like the natural looking HDR much more than that fake-y stuff. You do have some halos above the trees, but overall, I like it! (I've never actually done an HDR shot, just done quite a bit of reading about it...I'm not sure how to get rid of the halos though. Someone else on here will for sure though!

I couldn't tell if those we're halo's or if it was just the sky behind those trees. It may be a little of both though. I'll have to go back in and see what I can do. :) Thanks for the feedback!

Other'n the slight halo of the trees/sky on the left, it's purty durn good.

I think it's awesome!

Thank you! I'm quite flattered! :)

By the way. The mosquitos are TERRIBLE. I had to edit out about 3 black dots because they wouldn't get the hell away from me! I need to go buy a can of bug spray for whenever I go outside in the evening.

Looks like a pretty well done HDR to me, though the actual subject itself isn't all that interesting.

Ohhh don't be so bitter! It's not necessarily all about the "subject". More on how I did with the HDR. Although I do like it. It's about beauty to me. There's no "real" subject anyway.

Good job keepin' it real! LOL. This is how HDR should look. I realize to some the hurt-your-eyes-circus-color-over-saturated-look is a style, but I prefer a natural looking HDR like this. :thumbup:

Thank you! I'm quite flattered! :)

By the way. The mosquitos are TERRIBLE. I had to edit out about 3 black dots because they wouldn't get the hell away from me! I need to go buy a can of bug spray for whenever I go outside in the evening.

Mosquitoes? Ever had one in your eye? It's not a very flattering thing to cry and try to get it out by going to town on your eyes.

Anyway, enough about that. Without being an expert on HDR.. Actually, without being an expert on anything photo related (haha), you really made me want to try it myself :D How many exposures did you use?

edit: I really like your shot!

I think there is too much halo around the trees and the grass and the trees are not bright enough. It is HDR afterall.

Ohhh don't be so bitter! It's not necessarily all about the "subject". More on how I did with the HDR. Although I do like it. It's about beauty to me. There's no "real" subject anyway.

Pfft, I can be way more bitter than that. I could even give that guy, bitter something-or-other, a run for his money if I wanted to.

Like I said, you did pretty well on the HDR conversion but it still doesn't make it an interesting photograph, unless pretty colours are interesting to you in which case go read a used children's colouring book. How was that for bitter?

I agree the forground is way to dark for an HDR.

The dark foreground indicates you didn't make the appropriate range of exposures to capture the entire dynamic range of the scene.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back