Do i have the right to be angry here

Kbarredo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I have been practicing photography for 2 years now and i love it. My work collegue decided he wants to go into professional photography. He buys a 1k sony dslr and takes an online course. He didnt even finish the course and now he has a facebook page up with some pics of his son and some pics of birds as his portfolio. Im mad that he has no experience with photoshoots other than his son and hes charging. Ive been wanting to go pro but my plan is to be a current pro's helper.Its been less than 5 months since he decided to take up photography. Im not sure if hes good enough i just dont want him to blow all his money on high end equipment and fail. I am a little jealous for his determination but im angry with his arrogance. What do you guys think

Last edited:
Anyone can charge, the question is if he can deliver.
If he can't his customers will not be pleased.
If he can it doesn't care if he did any course whatsoever.
With no experience at all I'd say it's quite possible he'll fail on a shoot sometime soon.
That's not necessarily a bad thing for him as he could learn from it.
It could be a problem if the ones he's shooting paid him and sue him afterwards because he didn't deliver...
You might want to suggest him to practice for a while first.

Anyone can charge, the question is if he can deliver.
If he can't his customers will not be pleased.
If he can it doesn't care if he did any course whatsoever.
With no experience at all I'd say it's quite possible he'll fail on a shoot sometime soon.
That's not necessarily a bad thing for him as he could learn from it.
It could be a problem if the ones he's shooting paid him and sue him afterwards because he didn't deliver...
You might want to suggest him to practice for a while first.
I told him to practice first but he thinks hes good enough. I feel kinda insulted like he doesnt take photography seriously.

I don't think it's worth the energy to be angry about a thing like this. Focus on your own shutter finger and save the anger for when your coworker starts killing babies or throws a melon at you in the break room.

i just dont want him to blow all his money on high end equipment

:thumbup:
Sorry to be mocking but the subconcious envy coming through is very funny :)
Oh not at all we make the same amount infact he has more load on his shoulders he has a kid and a wife that doesnt work. I have no kids and a wife that makes more than me. I just dont want him to spend so much especially because of his situation. I also just dont think my skill level is worthy of high end equipment.

OK. It just reads humorously :) ..photographers are often such gearheads. That's cool.

Lets remember one thing here guys... he describes himself this way

"I am a new photographer but very skilled."

I admire your friends determination. almost all of the people are a photographer this time, but being a photographer is different from being an artist. :D

I just took a look at the 'portfolio'.

I see your point.

I also just dont think my skill level is worthy of high end equipment.

That's sad.[/QUOTE] Yeah i know i have the self confidence of a fat kid in speedos. I was raised in a filipino family and we are very thrifty people. I grew up with the attitude that if you are going to spend alot for something you better be good at it.

I was this person 13 months ago. I say the only people you can be angry to are the people who pay him for photos. Get on with your life.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back