Is this an OK HDR? C&C

1limited92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a first try with the HDR concept.

BACKGROUND
These pictures were taken on a cloudy nasty day, its was getting close to dark, and it was COLD! lol Needless to say not Ideal conditions for taking pictures but we just got new wheels so we snapped a few real quick. Again this is my first time messing with the HDR concept so let me know what you all think though its a little extreme possibly...

4286915652_3aa645406a_o.jpg

While I can't comment on the HDR aspect too much ( I see a bit of a halo around the wheels)

That is one seriously badass lookin car, any chance of a corner shot?

Yea the car is awesome and thanks for the compliment! Alot of time in it between paint, interior, chassis, motor, etc.

Here are a other pics from that evening and hopefully a better shoot will be in the future at a good location and better weather.

4286973068_62e2ea5b9a_o.jpg

4286972890_dba972f9c0_o.jpg

4286973342_ae76735210_o.jpg

:drool::drool:

Thats about all I can say... and I hate mustangs with a passion.

I mean, it is an HDR. But just keep this in mind, HDR is supposed to add dynamic range (the best of the shadow and bright details) to your photograph and a GOOD hdr should almost be imperceptible. So, no, this is not a good HDR. I mean, was the sky really purple? Did everything really look all splotchy like that? I kind of doubt it judging the other photos.
This being said, I have yet to accomplish what I would consider a proper HDR photograph. I've come close, but not nothing has the realism i like in really good HDR photographs.
Keep trying!

This is what you can a ricer boys and girls.. take notes...

I do like this picture though. I don't like the HDR because it just seems like it does not need the effect.

Last edited:

How is this anything to do with rice? Just cause the intercooler? Ignorant people I swear. Looks like muscle ta me. But this isn't at all relevant to the pics so ignore this post.

are you trying to say this american made muscle car is a ricer? I don't see a wing, I don't see ridiculously large wheels, I don't see a hideous body kit, I don't see a fart can muffler, I don't even see neons or anything that isn't purely performance related.Well, maybe not the paint, which looks well done, even though not my taste. You may not like the paint job, but that doesn't make it a ricer.

Sorry...I have a weird thing when cars are called ricers just cause people don't like them. People used to call my surprisingly euro GTI a ricer, just because it was orange, which was a factory color that year...

anyways, sorry for the thread hijack and the rant...i do apologize.

How is this anything to do with rice? Just cause the intercooler? Ignorant people I swear. Looks like muscle ta me. But this isn't at all relevant to the pics so ignore this post.

I was wondering the same thing a well since its small block V8 Ford Mustang. Sorry for this post since it strays of the topic.

@medicine...
Thanks for the comment as well and I see what your saying exactly. I guess its more of a "neat" or "different" style than it is a true HDR. Again it would have been better with some better weather but none the less THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS. :thumbup:

I am no expert in HDR but its over done here and adds nothing to the photo. With that said that flame job needs no HDR effect as it is damn good paint job.

I'll refrain from commenting about the car, but in regards to the photo, it looks way to overdone. There are times when a little bit overdone can look good (and car shots are usually a good example of when this can work) however in this case I think you've crossed the line by a long way.

I would concentrate on things like your background and angles first before trying to turn an average shot into something by adding an overdone effect.

How could the intercooler even be considered rice...if I'm not mistaken its there for a purpose...looks like a twin turbo car. Nothing rice about this car...a well taken care of fox body is a beautiful thing to lay eyes upon. :greenpbl: And yeah, we want to know how fast it is OP!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back