Is this an OK HDR? C&C

Id say the photo is overworked, but the way it brings the flames out even more makes me like it.

Beautiful car you've got there!

Holy Haloing Batman!

So, here's my basically canned HDR response.

HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. Dynamic range is the amount of light your sensor can perceive before clipping highlights and shadows. I cannot see the original shot, so I cannot say for sure whether the shot needed to be HDR or not. The trick to a good HDR is to make it look like it isn't an HDR. Shooting indoors where a window outside is visible? This is a time for HDR, so that you can see whats inside, as well as what is outside. A well lit scene where everything can be contained within your camera's dynamic range? Probably not a good candidate for HDR. Here's a link to a good tutorial of how to do a good HDR, with an example of a great candidate for an HDR photo.

Your photo looks over processed. It's haloing everywhere, and the colors look no where near natural. If that's what you were going for, then you got what you wanted. My recommendation is to back off a little bit. If this scene had a high dynamic range, try to make it look like a regular photograph, but with everything exposed properly.

Thanks alot for the comments. They are appreciated and understood. And I knew it was overworked once I stood back and looked at it but I thought the outcome was pretty cool especially with the flames BBUUUTTTT between reading yalls comments and elsewhere, its definitely not a TRUE HDR nor is it very good based on true HDR and its meaning. Thanks again for the comments they are much help!

@ the questions about it... Its a stock bottom end(block,crank,rods,piston) 302 with single turbo and alot of work elsewhere such as suspension, driveline, engine, etc. It makes a little over 500 horse to the wheels on the dyno. The car wasnt completely lined out but made a low 11 sec quarter and 7.0 eighth mile which isnt bad for something you can and do drive around everywhere. WITH THAT SAID its in the process of a huge upgrade including a big bore(not all stroke) 347 and a bigger turbo along with the other stuff to make the upgrade possible. GOAL: around 1000 horse at the wheels.

Thanks for the comments, help, and interest!

Most reactions

Back