is this an ok lens?

IMO, if you are going to carry only one lens on your trip. Your 28-135mm may not a bad choice. It is for sure much wider than the telephoto zoom of 70-300mm. (Of course, I would prefer a lens even wider then 28mm (take the crop factor into account).

hmm... very true..

that AF lens isnt for my 40D though.. or did I miss something

hmm... very true..

oops, yes .... it should be 75-300mm ... I guess I was confused with the other forum member mentioned the better Di Lens 70-300mm

Tamron makes pretty decent glass. It's way cheaper because it honestly isn't the best build quality (but good enough for anything short of semi-pro) and because it doesn't say "Canon" on it.

My favorite two lenses are my Sigma and my cheapest Nikon lens, the $115 50mm f/1.8

Don't forget a great flash too. That could solve a lot of low light issues. makes the lense that came with my camera a lot easier to use.

hmm... very true..

Oh .. wait ... I think I miss understand your question. Do you mean you think the Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD mentioned by the other poster will not work with your Canon 40D?

I believe it will work. I believe your camera should with with Di or Di II from Tamron. Di suppose to be made for Digital Camera and Di II is for the ASP-C camera.

ahh ok.. I was looking at the AF part of the description, but I guess that is a Tamron thing. So I will want the Di II then?

I believe your camera should work with Di or Di II. But for a full frame camera such as the Canon 5D or 1D, they will only work with Di Lens.

Ok cool. Thanks for all the reply's you guys.. I've decided on a Canon EF 75-300mm IS USM lens because of the Image Stabilization. I have also decided on the 50mm f/1.8 lens.

The IS version of 75-300 I've heard is much better. Should be happy with your decision. In Shutterbug they did an article on pro photographer who uses that for runway modeling.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back