Is this enough?

dantambok

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm from the Philippines....
I bought a canon xsi 2 years ago and decided that I would upgrade it.. I'll be in the states in 3-4 days I'm gonna buy:;)

Canon 7D
Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8 USM L

Any advice on what to change or replace?

I'm looking to spend about $4,000...

If you shoot sports, sounds good.

What's your style?

I sometimes shoot sports (basketball), some portraits and gatherings like parties etc.. :)

If you don't shoot a ton of sports I'd say get the 70-200 f/4L IS. About the same price but with an *FANTASTIC* IS. If you're not going to have a monopod or something with you (like you would with most sports) this will probably serve better. I use that lens for mostly everything to be honest

I sometimes shoot sports (basketball), some portraits and gatherings like parties etc.. :)

If you don't shoot a ton of sports I'd say get the 70-200 f/4L IS. About the same price but with an *FANTASTIC* IS. If you're not going to have a monopod or something with you (like you would with most sports) this will probably serve better. I use that lens for mostly everything to be honest

I will mostly use the 70-200mm for sport so i wouldn't need the IS since i would still be using high shutter speeds and i would still benefit from the fast 2.8 aperture since basketball is an indoor game.. :D
I would then use the 17-55mm as a general-walkaround lens :D

Most reactions

Back