Is this lens good for d40x?

Johan13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I want to get something better than the stalk lens I got with my camera. I want to get an all purpose lens. I know it wont be the best at anything but im still new anyways and am not ready for specialty yet.

Nikon Zoom Super Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR II

Do you think this lens will do what i need and will it autofocus with the Nikon d40x? Thanks in advance=)

I'm pretty sure it will autofocus with your D40x, and I'm pretty sure you'll be happy with this lens.

yeah, i read it has an internal motor, but my store doesnt have it in atm and I want to be sure--especially because it isnt cheap=).

AF-S will work, so will Sigma HSM...I have the Sigma 70-200 HSM and the D40 so I can tell you it will:) Hope that helps

Hey guys I want to get something better than the stalk lens I got with my camera. I want to get an all purpose lens. I know it wont be the best at anything but im still new anyways and am not ready for specialty yet.

Nikon Zoom Super Wide Angle-Telephoto AF Zoom Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S DX VR II

Do you think this lens will do what i need and will it autofocus with the Nikon d40x? Thanks in advance=)

It will work just ducky on your D40X. I have that lens for my D80 and I use it more than my other half-dozen lenses combined! Honestly, for any one specific shot, one of my other lenses will usually do a better job but, by the time that I swap lenses, the opportunity is gone.

You will need to keep reminding yourself that the VR helps with camera movement but not for subject movement. The first shots that I took with it were of my granddaughter. The furniture was crystal clear but she was blurred!

I'd be in heaven if Budweiser would introduce a VR beer can.

I'd recommend either a 55-200VR new or used ($200-250) for a great two lens kit, or an 18-135mm lens ($200 used) as a one lens setup before the 18-200VR. If you're just looking for added range in one lens, the often overlooked 18-135 is great, has better image quality than the 18-200VR, and is one-third the street price. I have one of these and love it, and I've never really needed VR either.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back