Is this picture done properly?

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
She said take a picture, and I just quickly adjusted and shot.

I got it home and thought it looked like a well lit shot.

Any critique? is it great? crappy?

DSC_1822.jpg

her hand looks oversxposed, but other than that, i like it!

looks good but i also find the hand overexposed,good job

it's funny how you don't notice things like that until someone points it out. thats just one of the reasons I love this site.

i am not a fan of the brush growing out the sides of her head.

I dont like the composition on the photo. She is dead center of the image, there is lots of empty space over her head. Composition wise, it does show that you just turned and snapped a shot without much prep.

The location looks gorgeous, would love to shoot there.

Exposure seems ok, a bit of overexposure on the hand

Wow, her hand is so overexposed I thought she was wearing a glove until I read the CC's. Its a very differnt shot, I kind of dig it, but I would crop out the one of the sides and a bit off the top.

for the most part it's good, but the hot spots on her hair, hand is overexposed and she seems to blend into the picture a bit...

:O for a quick adjustment its pretty good haha i could never do that on my first try. but i guess another thing you could've quickly done was shoot from below her eye level, kinda looking up. especially since shes got that menacing whacking stick. oh and kill out some more ambient light :]

There is a interesting expression, maybe if you fill the frame tightly and fix the exposure it would make a very fine photo.

I don't like it. Her expression is very cold, her pose is hard and masculine. And it breaks all the rules. It is more of a snapshot.

I dont like the composition on the photo. She is dead center of the image, there is lots of empty space over her head. Composition wise, it does show that you just turned and snapped a shot without much prep.

The location looks gorgeous, would love to shoot there.

Exposure seems ok, a bit of overexposure on the hand
]

I would lower the fill flash a couple of notches besides the overexposure you will see less shadow from the flash.

It looks like flash was used in this photo. to me it looks as though she doesn't integrate into the background, as if she's not really there. Almost as if the was cut and pasted into the background. It does make her pop out though.

I would have shot it without flash, you would reduce her over exposure. Reduce the shiny parts on her face and even out the shading on her features (making her look a bit better). It looks like you have natural soft lighting from the environment, I would have used that rather than overriding it with that harsh flash look. (I personally am not fond of the harshness flash gives to photos - Unless its a soft, area flash)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back