Isolation

Yeh I guess. I'm the robot actually. He wanted a picture on the cliff lol!!!

You've made the rocks equal to the horizon and I like it, giving the dip to the right some dominance in the composition, distracting from the subject.

Excellent shot

I read Lightspeed's thoughts on the 1/3 line for a stronger composition. Might work, might not. I'm looking at what has to be one of, if not your best posted photographs yet. A strong foreground that leads directly to the lone figure staring out to sea. As already mentioned, the horizon is right in line with the rocks, nice touch. And your exposure is just dead on. Over all, a well thought out photograph. Congrats on a job well done.

Great shot!
I like the composition, and the contrast is spot on! I love how the rocks and the horizon are equal as well. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Rose - you've come a VERY long way from 35mm SLRs covered in leaves, and have done so in a very short period of time.

The image itself, while perhaps not groundbreaking (you won't see it Ina museum), is very well executed and shows that you are getting much much more intentional. The black and white conversion is perfect. I can't quite tell if ou burned in the rocks around your husband - if so its nicely isolated but perhaps a bit too strong. I really like how you kept enough detail there to imply his face.

Overall, this is really is a great image and shows your dedication. You've made a lot of really good decisions here and hopefully more like this should dispel any skepticism about the value of your ambitions as a photographer.

Rose - you've come a VERY long way from 35mm SLRs covered in leaves, and have done so in a very short period of time.

The image itself, while perhaps not groundbreaking (you won't see it Ina museum), is very well executed and shows that you are getting much much more intentional. The black and white conversion is perfect. I can't quite tell if ou burned in the rocks around your husband - if so its nicely isolated but perhaps a bit too strong. I really like how you kept enough detail there to imply his face.

Overall, this is really is a great image and shows your dedication. You've made a lot of really good decisions here and hopefully more like this should dispel any skepticism about the value of your ambitions as a photographer.

Here here.
Well said. She deserved that.

The burn-in on the rocks is too strong, and conveys kind of a heavy-handed fakery. The rocks are one tone, and then as they get to where he is, they go to almost black...just looks "doctored"...if it were more subtle, it would look much better. Backing off on the burn-in, OR bringing all of the rocks down to that shadow value, would even things out, and make the shot much stronger.

Rose - you've come a VERY long way from 35mm SLRs covered in leaves, and have done so in a very short period of time.The image itself, while perhaps not groundbreaking (you won't see it Ina museum), is very well executed and shows that you are getting much much more intentional. The black and white conversion is perfect. I can't quite tell if ou burned in the rocks around your husband - if so its nicely isolated but perhaps a bit too strong. I really like how you kept enough detail there to imply his face.Overall, this is really is a great image and shows your dedication. You've made a lot of really good decisions here and hopefully more like this should dispel any skepticism about the value of your ambitions as a photographer.
Thank you so so much! It means a lot!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back