Issue with FD to EOS Converter

mattd43

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

I just purchased a 50mm 1.8 fd lens for my t2i and got an adapter (http://www.ebay.com/itm/320808684803...84.m1439.l2649) as well. However, I'm having trouble with it. The only way I can attach it to the adapter is if I use a screw driver and lock the aperture in place before each use. When I unlock the aperture, I can't attach it to the adapter (due to the large silver lever I think). So I can't really use the lens at the moment unless I take the lens off and switch the aperture, lock it and reattach it to the mount again. Is this a common problem or am I just overlooking something obvious?? Thanks

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hey Matt, I use that combination with a Fotodiox adapter, it looks very similar to the one in the link but not sure it's the same. On mine the ring on the adapter turns, there are two settings, install and a bunch of circles that mean "aperture", if the ring is set to install the aperture will stay wide open. Might help might not but thought I'd throw it out there, worst case scenario grab the Fotodiox adapter instead, it was about $20 I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back