*istD - Pronounciation

the star is meant to mean anything...as it does in computer language. I just say "ist".
...as in motorist, cyclyist...etc.

On this topic, has anyone seen the new Pentax *ist D S...? I read an article and it looks to be a good competitor to the D-Rebel & D70.

ive seen it- i liek it as well, althoguh it looks very small behind the kit lense. Seems like a great camera and if i was looknig into a DSLR i think its what id choose

i call it "the cool pentax camera i dont own and probably never will"

but that might be too long to say everytime your talking about it ;)

md

I call it the i-s-t. or the camera pentax went stupid on when naming it.

I've looked at the DS a little bit. it seems to actually have a few advantages to the D, but I haven't looke in depth completely

i checked dpreview and it seems to have bumped everythnig up a little over the D, i just realsied in my previous post i didnt answer the question- i would prnounce it star-ist DS, not that i actually pronounce it much but thats how i think it goes otherwise i just call it the pentax DS

Dear Jess,

I sometimes call it the star "i" "s" "t" or if it is the digital version, I call it the Pentax DS. Just chalk it up the the silly pentax marketing traditions. For instance, they have used aspherical lense elements for years, but you'd never find a single refrence to them from pentax.

Warm Regards,
Brett

I just call it "digital rubbish".

6MP is nowhere near enough to get a useful image. The sensor is small (APS-C) and as such you get very little detail and wide angle shots have to start with a 15mm lens which gives massive distortion.

Wait until they get it right - then get a digital camera!

Spike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back