It seems like...

Hey now, I'm not stereotyping or anything...That's just what I've noticed whenever I'm in a place with photographers all around me. It's basically full of older, grouchy men.
You guys act like insulted you. And For a second time, I meant that d40s are really popular with teenagers..

My second post was a half joke based on my belief that camera manufacturers are injuring photography as a hobby and trade in general by marketing cameras like the D40 to inexperienced crouds. This in turn makes the old men grouchy. :meh:

I'm not having the gratest of days and my attempt at humor faild miserably due to it. :(

I'm highly offended, and I am reporting this post to the ACLU. I will sue you for the price of one Nikon D40

Sincerely
A 24 year old male. :)

BTW, I wanna be provocative, LaFoto! That sounds sexy, and I need to get in on it!

I know quite a few photographers in real life and none of them fit those categories. ;-)

Well most of the photographers I see (Not on the net, in real life) are older men who don't ever smile or talk. That's all I'm sayin.
Battou, I'm sure I would have laughed at your post, but I didn't know what AE-1s and/or F2s were before I googled it after reading your post! :greenpbl:

Well... yeah. Just look at the Germany Meet-Up photos and you will see a good many pro and half-pro and hobby photographers, and none of them fit the description ...

... come to think of it I don't know even ONE (no matter their age) who owns a D40 ... :scratch:

Well most of the photographers I see (Not on the net, in real life) are older men who don't ever smile or talk. That's all I'm sayin.
Battou, I'm sure I would have laughed at your post, but I didn't know what AE-1s and/or F2s were before I googled it after reading your post! :greenpbl:

Ah...they where Canon and Nikon SLR models on the market in 1976 :blushing:

Well... yeah. Just look at the Germany Meet-Up photos and you will see a good many pro and half-pro and hobby photographers, and none of them fit the description ...

... come to think of it I don't know even ONE (no matter their age) who owns a D40 ... :scratch:

I meant that as lots of teenagers use D40s. Not all photographers, but the ones my age all seem to have D40s, and nothing else.

I meant that as lots of teenagers use D40s. Not all photographers, but the ones my age all seem to have D40s, and nothing else.

I would assume this has to do with pricing...

I'm still going to sue you for the price of a D40. Or if you'd like, we can settle out of court and I'll just take yours :)

Hmmmm :scratch: ... that must be a Californian thing then. Does not apply to German teenagers. They all have compact digital cameras here...

Like my uncle, for instance. I challenge you to go to a camera swap meet and try to pick up and examine a camera that's for sale. You'll be met with death stares! :lol: The worst part about it? I find myself doing the same when someone wants to use my Bronica or my good Nikon, even though they're both practically indestructible.

I've noticed that as well. Though it's not restricted just to teens. My friend, also 29, just got a D40 because it's a decent entry level DSLR. (Not that I really know much about them, btw.) I tried to get him to use one of my manual K1000s for a while but he just wasn't interested in learning how to use it. And I messed around with his D40 for a while, trying to manually change the shutter speed and the aperture, lost interest, gave it back, and went back to my semi-auto film SLR.

And that's just the way it is I guess.

PS: don't worry about thinking you offended me. I don't get offended often. :mrgreen:

Most photographers are old, grouchy men, or people my age with Nikon d40's.
What about everybody else?? :scratch:

hahhahaahahaa your the odd one out!!! you say most people your age use D40's but you use a 40D hahahahaha, they are gonna pick on you and bully you and then you will get old and grouchy hahahahahahaaa you've fallen into your own trap :greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl::greenpbl:

:grumpy: this thread makes me grouchy

Yeah well my 40D can beat up their D40s.
Hey, I've just seen a lot of people my age using D40s! I was saying it seems like a fad. Everyone has been buying D40s at my school. I see them walking around with them all the time!
Senor Hound, i'll trade you my 40D in exchange for a Lockness monster.

Yeah, I'm old and grouchy on occasions. They're special occasions when someone, anyone tries to twist my arm into turning digital. LOL :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back