It's a good thing I was never good at photography....

Oh Barb, that sucks! Everything I could suggest has already been suggested in a much better way, but really, this is just a slight jog in the road. A startling, unpleasant jog, to be sure, but you'll be great!

Thank you. In the light of a new day, my optimism and determination is better than it was yesterday.

So sorry to hear this, Barb. I know exactly the feeling of "maybe" having to give up photography. After my 2 back surgeries, I had to walk a LOT to keep my lower back in shape after wearing rods and pins and screws in it for a year. So I just replaced the walking with a camera and walking! And going to the refuge and taking small hikes on paths and trails fit right in with my routine. Then fast-forward to having my shoulder replaced.......... I thought this was it! I couldn't even hold a camera, it hurt so bad. So I pulled out the tripod and started lobbing the camera up there with my good arm. It's doable, and not a bad compromise. If I ever have to, I can see even a wheelchair and a monopod working! After therapy workout yesterday (hurt like hell!), we measured a 1/2" increase in movement at 2 angles on my bum arm! My back pain, I have to treat with meds, 2-3 a day. No other option...... FBS Failed Back Syndrome.

I'm just wanting to tell you to NOT give up yet! There are many possibilities for continuing your hobby. If it gets too painful, look into a Pain Management program with your doctor. It saved my life.

Hang in there and I'm praying for you!

So sorry to hear this, Barb. I know exactly the feeling of "maybe" having to give up photography. After my 2 back surgeries, I had to walk a LOT to keep my lower back in shape after wearing rods and pins and screws in it for a year. So I just replaced the walking with a camera and walking! And going to the refuge and taking small hikes on paths and trails fit right in with my routine. Then fast-forward to having my shoulder replaced.......... I thought this was it! I couldn't even hold a camera, it hurt so bad. So I pulled out the tripod and started lobbing the camera up there with my good arm. It's doable, and not a bad compromise. If I ever have to, I can see even a wheelchair and a monopod working! After therapy workout yesterday (hurt like hell!), we measured a 1/2" increase in movement at 2 angles on my bum arm! My back pain, I have to treat with meds, 2-3 a day. No other option...... FBS Failed Back Syndrome.

I'm just wanting to tell you to NOT give up yet! There are many possibilities for continuing your hobby. If it gets too painful, look into a Pain Management program with your doctor. It saved my life.

Hang in there and I'm praying for you!

Thank you! I have a follow up appointment next week so we'll see what happens. Pain is definitely an issue right now. I'm so glad you're getting more movement in your shoulder! Still rooting for you!

I am so sorry to hear this.
If you ever need something made to help you continue photography let me know, I am rather good at building thing from scratch. I mean it, let me know!:hug::
And that includes a "wounded banana" call!!!:greenpbl:

If you ever need something made to help you continue photography let me know, I am rather good at building thing from scratch. I mean it, let me know!:hug::

The Wounded Banana Commander.. Huh. who knew? Lol

Hey wait a minute, now Snerd's looking Robbins-like, see what happens when people start making wounded banana sounds?!!

Hang in there, it'll probably take time to regroup, and I think often people end up doing better than the doctors expect.

I have a mirrorless, works for me! who needs a stinkin' mirror anyway?!

Hey wait a minute, now Snerd's looking Robbins-like, see what happens when people start making wounded banana sounds

Yup, that's one. Today Snerd, tomorrow the world!

Muwahahaha!

Oh, whoops. Was that outloud. Rats.

Lol. Hang in there hon, we are all pulling for you.

...I have a mirrorless, works for me! who needs a stinkin' mirror anyway?!
You know... there are other kinds of mirrorless cameras... I mean that seriously; the beauty of medium & large format work is that you don't normally hand-hold the camera, and it's wonderfully slow and methodical. If I'm shooting a sporting event, I can burn through hundreds of frames in a day, but when I drag out the MF gear and go for a wander somewhere quiet, I might shoot 1-2 frames an hour!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Oh Barb! So sorry to hear. :(

OK this made me sniffily, thank you so much. You're just awesome. The support, advice, and just friendship from this board is just..... can't even describe it. No words do it justice. :hug::

Hey wait a minute, now Snerd's looking Robbins-like, see what happens when people start making wounded banana sounds

Muwahahaha!

How many times do I have to tell you to stop saying that stuff out loud ! I'm going to be OK, I have amazing friends. Even if he won't bring me a kitty.

Glad to see you rise above this. If you can see up, you can get up. Later. Ed

Muwahahaha!

How many times do I have to tell you to stop saying that stuff out loud ! I'm going to be OK, I have amazing friends. Even if he won't bring me a kitty.

Well they get a little persnickety at the border if they open your trunk and there is a tiger in there. Go figure. Lol

Thoughts and prayers coming your way. Let me check with the authorities to see if my funky jokes are within the rules. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back