It's a long walk home

Adam934MX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was messing around with my camera before the big snowstorm and got this shot..

lonelyroad2.jpg

I got my first dSLR yesterday, a D80 with some cheap lenses.. This was my first time shooting with anything like that so I was using mostly auto settings.. I think it came out pretty good though, not sure..

Give me feedback, good or bad, I would like to improve! :)

It's very grainy, but that isn't too hard to fix in this case.

It's a pretty interesting shot.

It is grainy, but in this case I feel like it adds to the shot. Makes me feel like I am fatigued and looking down the never ending road home.

By grainy, are you talking about the snow thats falling? It was pretty hard to get a good shot and I was dissapointed.. But when I looked at it more I thought it added more to the picture.. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.. :)

Here's the same road in front of my house today.. I was trying to mess with the manual focus on moving objects.. I don't like the DOF in this one, but its not too bad..

11-4.jpg

I likethe first photo. I like the angle of the photo and the snow makes a great effect on the photo. The second photo is also very cool! Nice shots.

Photo really doesn’t look that grainy, I think the appearance is from the snow…the pavement looks a big grainy but I think that’s just from the snow again…if you look at the fence/wood there isn’t much distortion…

Nice shot

Falling snow does not = grain :)

Really good shot I like everything about it, the falling snow makes you "feel" the cold.

Overall great shot.

:thumbup:

.......... Jim

Very cool shot, makes me wish I was back in Wyoming :)

wow i wish i took pictures like these the second day i had my dslr

Thanks.. I just came off a Panasonic DMC-LZ5 point n' shoot.. You could ajust the shutter, AF mode, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and exposure, so I at least have an idea what I'm doing.. It's not like it's my first time using a camera or anything..

But, I'm amazed, I honestly never thought a camera could be so good.. When I got it on Monday, I went around taking pictures for 6 or 7 hours.. I'm amazed at the quality of shots I can get, with so little experience.. I love my D80! :lmao:

Thanks to everybody for the responses/replies. I appreciate each one!

What a coincidence! I got my first dSLR on Tuesday!

Realllly great shot. Love the DOF. Try black n white on the first maybe.

first one is very nice..i would love to see it with a very shallow dof and a very long dof.......

it would be nice if the stuff far away was in focus....and than another shot with the stuff close in focus..and then one with everything in focus

Most reactions

Back