It's A Sad Day for the Music World.

Ya. Another sad day for music. 2016 has taken some real artists

Wonder if that means we might get a glimpse of the "Vault" he had. Apparently he has music videos and documentary stuff he created and never released. Just put in his private vault. Kevin smith made stuff for him I believe that got put there. Whatever you though of him, he was certainly a true Musician and creative talent.

As I said in the Coffee House thread, some celebrity deaths actually hit me harder than your typical "Aw, what a shame" sort of reaction. The world is left poorer after the loss of giant talents like Prince and David Bowie. :blueface:

Every time I hear Purple Rain, I remember a job I had in the mall. That song was on ALL the time on the store radio. Great memories, great artist.
Sad news.

What people often forget about him is that yes, he was an exceptionally talented performer and so of course made and performed his own music himself, but he also wrote and produced a lot of music for other people. He stands out - as did Bowie, which is another reason I am just totally gutted by both of their deaths - because he was so versatile and adventurous and inventive with the music he produced, both for himself and for others.

Great artist. Always doing something different and with exceptional quality.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A friend of mine just texted a picture of the impromptu memorial concert for Prince at First Ave in Minneapolis. This is an hour befor doors open, e hours after it was announced.

IMG_78111.jpg

The response by fans has been wonderful. This is a hard loss, he was way too young. We're the poorer for it. :heartpump:

Very Sad indeed. Seems like he was battling flu like for a bit but maybe it was something else other then the flu. Seems to be an epidemic for 2016 on deaths and seems to be a bad year for some of the greats.

I came across this today and thought I'd share. Although it makes me miss George Harrison all over again. My God, his son looks exactly like him here....! :586: And he is clearly a fan of Prince, as well.

Give yourself a 6 minute gift and have a listen

Most reactions

Back