It's a small world

Puscas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just sharing a few I took today at the Museum of the City of New York. The first two are miniatures used in an exhibition on trade. The last two are from a dollhouse exhibition. Everything was behind glass, I couldn't find a way to reduce the glare, but I think in some pics it works. Hope you like 'm.

dw036.jpg

dw038.jpg

dw044.jpg

dw046.jpg

thanks for looking

pascal

Neat stuff. I love miniatures. It's amazing to me how detailed they make them. It's too bad about the glare on the glass. Did you have your lens pressed right up to the glass? Sometimes that helps. I like the third one the most because of the lighting and composition.

Hey, Ajay. How can you say "I love miniature", when that was JUST the sentence I wanted to write down? :irked: :wink:

Hey. I love miniatures, too!
Which is why I mean to at least offer to those who will come to the meet-up (among who you are not going to be Pascal, I know, I know!! ) to visit the "Miniature Wonderland" in Hamburg, which is the world (?) largest model train set-up.

With your photos, I really don't mind the reflections at all. To see this little world at all compensates for all that. My personal favourite is the second.

Neat stuff. I love miniatures. It's amazing to me how detailed they make them. It's too bad about the glare on the glass. Did you have your lens pressed right up to the glass? Sometimes that helps. I like the third one the most because of the lighting and composition.

I only had my 50mm/1.8 with me. So I had to step back to get these in the frame. Good to know for my next museum visit. :)

Hey, Ajay. How can you say I love miniature, when that was JUST the sentence I wanted to write down?
Which is why I mean to at least offer to those who will come to the meet-up (among who you are not going to be Pascal, I know, I know!! ) to visit the Miniature Wonderland in Hamburg, which is the world (?) largest model train set-up.

With your photos, I really don't mind the reflections at all. To see this little world at all compensates for all that. My personal favourite is the second.

thanks Corinna, and although I can't be at the meet-up, I do want to be there. Maybe next time. So, I'm looking forward to see all your pics of the Miniature Wonderland.

pascal

wow,
i like the last one,
cool pics!

I really like the first two. Your nice photos allow one to appreciate what a beautiful miniature that is.

Most reactions

Back