its been a while since i last posted , C&C please?

heavanslilangel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,hope everyone is well and had a lovley christmas. :)
Well its been a while since ive been on. I started my NCFE level 2 in photography back in september, which i have to say im really enjoying.
In the first unit we have covered all the genres, and i have discovered that i really enjoy landscape and still life as well as my favourite , portraiture. And i really dont like architecture. so in the next unit i get to pick the genre i want to study further which will take me through the rest of the course. i have chosen portraiture.
We have an examiner comming in next week to check over our folders for unit one which consists of all the genres, pictures weve taken , good and bad, research etc etc. just really to make sure were up to speed for unit 2.
I also recently brought myself a new camera,( a canon eos 650d). so heres hoping that it will improve my shots even further as using the fuji bridge camera i had was a nightmare, i just couldnt get a crisp clear shot unless it was a real close up headshot and its performance in low light was dire.
So anyway i took my daughter out the other day and we done a quick shoot, ( what with portraiture being my chosen genre) and was wondering if i could get some feedback on some of the shots. ive also included a couple of studio christmas shots i took a couple of weeks ago, would be great if i could get feedback on those too.
I know ive still got a long way to go and hey my course doesnt finish until september, so im kind of looking for feedback based on a starting point right up to professional looking images,
thanks for taking the time to read and comment, :)

Attachments

• $COPY 1.jpg
    $COPY 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205
  • $COPY2.jpg
    $COPY2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • $COPY 3.jpg
    $COPY 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
  • $COPY4.jpg
    $COPY4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
  • $COPY5.jpg
    $COPY5.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 118
  • $COPY6.jpg
    $COPY6.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 188
  • $COPY7.jpg
    $COPY7.jpg
    827.7 KB · Views: 111
  • $COPY8.jpg
    $COPY8.jpg
    720.5 KB · Views: 116
  • $COPY9.jpg
    $COPY9.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
a few more $COPY10.jpg image 10$COPY11.jpgimage 11$COPY12.jpgimage 12$COPY13.jpgimage 13$COPY14.jpgimage 14$COPY15.jpgimage 15

Last edited:
damn sorry guys, iIforgot to number the images.
I should know this by now. But i havnt posted for a while,............... is that a good enough excuse?.lol
Also i dont know how to go back and number them once its already posted, is there a way to go back and edit once posted? :)

ceejtank,
I tried that and i get how to edit the text but the attachments a little bit more confusing. :-(

Too many photos, I have no idea where to start. Maybe next time try limiting the posts to one subject or theme at a time.

In my opinion, some of your pictures lack detail in the older girls face.
It looks like too much skin smoothing or PP.
I think people look best when some imperfections are left.

No pp or skin smothing jjphotos, just a beautiful girl with gorgeous skin. it was a really overcast day so hey presto my own giant soft box :).
The only thing i did in post processing was add a touch of brightness.

Yes she is a beautiful girl, but I would like to see her smile at least a little in a few of them.

JacaRanda, you are so not the first to say that!!
She thinks she looks like a chipmunk when she smiles,lol,lol,lol

No pp or skin smothing jjphotos, just a beautiful girl with gorgeous skin. it was a really overcast day so hey presto my own giant soft box :).
The only thing i did in post processing was add a touch of brightness.

Hmmm... all photos, at least if you are shooting RAW, need post work. Also, her eyes are distinictly different from the first set as compared to the santa photos (the second of which should be tossed in the recycle bin, her expression is not good). The first santa photo is pretty nice, though it would help to have all fingers in tact :)

The second of the younger girl really needs some WB help, it's very green. I do like the square crop used for those two though!

In the first set jowensphoto, she has coloured contact lenses in, her personal choice, :-/.
So yes in the santa shots that is her natural eye colour.
I see what your saying about the green colour on my younger daughter and take that on board, newly decorated room, ( black and red) could the colour cast from the walls have affected that which perhaps i didnt take into account.?
Also all images were shot in jpeg.

Ahhhh okay. That makes sense.

Yes, could absolutely be a color cast. Fair-completed skin will reflect the colors of the surrounding environment.

Why are you shooting in JPEG? RAW is much more flexible in post :) It seems intimidating until you do it once!

Most reactions

Back