its been a while since i last posted , C&C please?

adult model... expression is always the same. She looks sad! Perfect skin??? Too much makeup maybe, when you look close you can see a zit and some other imperfections... but still doesn't look totally real. Processing needs work, skin tones are all over the place.

adult model... expression is always the same. She looks sad! Perfect skin??? Too much makeup maybe, when you look close you can see a zit and some other imperfections... but still doesn't look totally real. Processing needs work, skin tones are all over the place.
I guess that's what I was getting at...
The skin just doesn't seem right.

Actually shes 19, and guys please bear in mind this is my daughter you are talking about, mummy mode switching on!!!!.call it fake call it what you want but shes a girlie girl. she loves her makeup, her eyelashes,her clothes, shoes and bags,perfume etc. and also well educated. But take it from her mummy shes just as beautiful without. like i said i have only lightened the image slightly. i havent taken it into photoshop at all so i m not really sure where your comming from with the the skin tones being all over the place. image was taken in aperture priority mode whilst trying to get to grips with my new camera, so not even anything ive done wrong in the camera i dont think.

Gorgeous model, HLA!

And i really dont like architecture.

Bite thy TOUNGE, missy!

Anyway, in only two of these shots is the model looking into the lens. #7 is the best, IMO. It seems that many of your photos are done this way, but I think that is hurting you.

Second post hasn't improved your portfolio, sorry to say.

Thanks ronlane,
i realise nothing bad was meant by your comment, :). i guess my dismay was more directed at the comment beneath yours. maybe it was me doing the mummy bit but it just came across as that comment being a little bitchy so to speak.
I was really looking on comments etc on the general aspects of the pictures,............ composition, technical elements of the shot really............... not how much makeup she wears or how many zits you can see if you zoom in, :-/
Anyway taking on board comments. I went in and pulled one of the unedited shots from the recycle bin to compare with one of the shots i cropped/brightened a little and will post side by side for comparison. as im not sure what was meant by skins tones being all over the place.
To be fair, i dont see much difference between the first shot ( which is direct from the camera and untouched to the second shot which i had cropped etc.) Maybe someone with a more trained eye and a little more experience can explain what was meant and what i could have done different :)
In my opinion its all well and good saying whats wrong but it would be far more helpful if it was explained how it could or should be done differently the next time, (far more productive) :)

$071 (800x533).jpgfirst picture direct from the camera View attachment 32235 second is lightened slightly and cropped

And designer,
Thankyou, by the way what does HLA mean,lol,lol,
And im sorry,:hail:,lol.................... i tried the architecture bit, I just couldnt get in to it at all.
Maybe im missing something,lol. I just didnt find it exciting or rewarding staring up drainpipes etc taking photos,lol.
On the other hand, i loved landscape, and have taken some landscape shots that im actually really proud of.
i take on board what you say about the model not looking into the lens and will think more carefully when shooting portraiture. i believe you are quite right. thankyou for the tip. :)

And designer,
Thankyou, by the way what does HLA mean,lol,lol,
And im sorry,:hail:,lol.................... i tried the architecture bit, I just couldnt get in to it at all.
Maybe im missing something,lol. I just didnt find it exciting or rewarding staring up drainpipes etc taking photos,lol.
On the other hand, i loved landscape, and have taken some landscape shots that im actually really proud of.
i take on board what you say about the model not looking into the lens and will think more carefully when shooting portraiture. i believe you are quite right. thankyou for the tip. :)

HLA = heavanslilangel

With Architecture as my background, I naturally thought everyone likes it. :lol:

I do understand that part about buildings just standing there, doing nothing, but I like critiquing them, and photographing them. Architecture photography is a demanding discipline if done correctly, and I realize many people just are not that into it.

Thank you for acknowledging my suggestion about your model's eyes. We connect through our eyes, even if only viewing a photograph.

OK, in the second picture of the little blonde haired girl someone forgot to wipe her nose. lol

Actually shes 19, and guys please bear in mind this is my daughter you are talking about, mummy mode switching on!!!!.call it fake call it what you want but shes a girlie girl. she loves her makeup, her eyelashes,her clothes, shoes and bags,perfume etc. and also well educated. But take it from her mummy shes just as beautiful without. like i said i have only lightened the image slightly. i havent taken it into photoshop at all so i m not really sure where your comming from with the the skin tones being all over the place. image was taken in aperture priority mode whilst trying to get to grips with my new camera, so not even anything ive done wrong in the camera i dont think.

Skin tones... one is almost white... then almost normal... and then yellow.....

$whatever.jpg

I was not knocking your child.. I was commenting on your processing. You need to learn to separate your "Mommy Mode" from C&C... being emotionally invested in an image or a subject will not help you to learn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back