What's new

It's been a while...

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
4,821
Reaction score
286
Location
Montreal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I haven't been in TPF in god knows how long... I think it said 74,000 new posts. haha.

I've been ultra busy with photography, so pretty much all forums I visited have been neglected. I've shot a few weddings, done some maternity, a few more urban and cityscapes. But the one thing that has taken alot of my time has been concert photography. Working with a startup web media, getting accreditations, shooting, posting, social media....man, who said doing this was glamorous? In the last 5 weeks, with music festival season in Montreal, I've shot 70 bands, 7,000 images and about 145GB of data. From jazz greats, heavy metal, pop, rock...

Thought I would share a few with you. Would love some feedback, if you should chose to give some :)

Hope you like, and I look forward to posting more :)


1- Tony Bennett
5894319530_f2597deffe_z.jpg



2- Bootsy Collins
5886642048_cd8bcf960c_z.jpg


3- Dee Dee Bridgewater
5909977307_f6d7497213_z.jpg


4- Blackguard
5976362812_d143413e0d_z.jpg


5- Disturbed
5975802945_9ce70d31bb_z.jpg



And yep, I still keep a bit a photojournalism, even when shooting shows

6- Crowd surfing

5975801659_198d0f0f2f_z.jpg


7- Metalheads
5975799347_a77eb43d91_z.jpg
 
Last edited:
LOVE EM!

The first 3 are my favorites. I *love* the composition and lighting in the 3rd!!

Seems as though your time away was super productive :sillysmi:

Oh... and to answer your question from the other thread... no... no they didn't ban me yet. :biglaugh:
 
LOVE EM!

The first 3 are my favorites. I *love* the composition and lighting in the 3rd!!

Seems as though your time away was super productive :sillysmi:

Oh... and to answer your question from the other thread... no... no they didn't ban me yet. :biglaugh:

You can really tell the difference between an artist and a performer. Some people are awesome on stage. Dee Dee Bridgewater was one of them. We had 2 songs to shoot her, from further back, no up front shots, all photogs on the same side. She spent the better part of those two songs on the side we were at and was a true classy lady,
 
LOVE EM!

The first 3 are my favorites. I *love* the composition and lighting in the 3rd!!

Seems as though your time away was super productive :sillysmi:

Oh... and to answer your question from the other thread... no... no they didn't ban me yet. :biglaugh:

You can really tell the difference between an artist and a performer. Some people are awesome on stage. Dee Dee Bridgewater was one of them. We had 2 songs to shoot her, from further back, no up front shots, all photogs on the same side. She spent the better part of those two songs on the side we were at and was a true classy lady,

She looks it! I would have loved to have been there.

You can just SEE her soulfulness seeping out of that image!
 
I put up gallery on mah website of her stuff
Dee Dee Bridgewater - PierreBPhoto

She actually messaged me and said she loved the images... :) And we know once a client (even if she wasn't a client, lets just call her that for now) tells you that, it means you have made it!
 
I put up gallery on mah website of her stuff
Dee Dee Bridgewater - PierreBPhoto

She actually messaged me and said she loved the images... :) And we know once a client (even if she wasn't a client, lets just call her that for now) tells you that, it means you have made it!

Beautiful work!

If I can make images *half* as beautiful as that some day, I'll be happy.

Seriously... really nice work.

I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!! :hug::
 
Considering February I was shooting friends in small bars for a beer, and 3 months later I'm shooting 3 day festivals, I'm glad I've progressed. Still have ALOT to learn though, but loving the ride.
Thanks for the props!
 
Very nice, Pierre. Good shots. Glad to see you posting again. Looking forward to more stuff (and yes, I'll explore the blog)...
 
I so wish I had time to blog more. I've actually been doing submissions for This Week in Photography podcast's website. So my writing goes there now.

Good to see ya around pgriz :)
 
Terrific work. Nice control of lighting, sharpness and DOF. Love 2 and 3... just stunning clarity and nice composition.
 
Thanks bud
 
So you got laid again....good for you!@!!@!!! (kidding!)

I stopped by the Dee Dee Bridgewater gallery--some good stuff in there!
 
Wow, very nice. Good to see you've been putting your time to good use.

I did have to go and check the Dee Dee gallery to figure out the eye thing... :)
 
lol Derrel :)

Thanks for the welcomes backs.

cloud...the eye thing, yeah. The lashes were huge! She also had these giant heels on, someone in the audience yelled out "nice shoes" between song 1 and song 2, which lead to some great comedy on stage... like I said, classy lady, she was awesome.

It's funny what one can do with patience and practice... and spending more time shooting than posting on forums ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom