It's been months. 1 for cc

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So due to work, i havent been able to take any pictures in about 4 months. just havent had the time. The other day a guy i work with showed me his stuff and it inspired me to try some product stuff. Here's one i took. Let me know what yall think!

ps- i know that shadow is a distraction. it was a lot worse before pp lol

2rp91t4.jpg

Last edited:
What software do you use to edit?

haha how have you been erose? I actually have a bunch of concert pics i could post but not many people like that sort of stuff here.

my computer just crashed so i was using photoshop cs3 to do all my stuff. but i had to buy all new software so i went cheaper and got photoshop elements 9 and i have to say, its pretty awesome.

heres another quick one i forgot about.

r0uvkj.jpg

okay, so it's still photo shop... K, here's my "suggestion" because my biggest issue is that the background looks dirty grey... I'm just *assuming* it was supposed to be white...

Open image in photoshop
Copy background layer
On background copy, use the magic wand tool and click on the left side of the background
Press shift & click on the right side of the background. For any parts of the background that didn't get selected, press shift & click on them until the entire background ONLY is selected. If parts of the table or puppy get selected (they shouldn't except for maybe his snout) you can use the lasso and press alt & draw a circle around his snout to get it unselected...
Press Ctrl+J to make a new layer from your selection. The new layer should have ONLY the background on it...
Adjust the white balance, hue/saturation, etc. whatever you need to do to make it white :)

Hoping you'll get all that :) I'd have done it myself and posted, but it's late and I'm ready for bed now, and your thing says your photos are not okay to edit :)

haha thanks i tried doing some stuff but selecting around fur is extremely hard. everything i did made it look bad and choppy. but thank you :)

haha thanks i tried doing some stuff but selecting around fur is extremely hard. everything i did made it look bad and choppy. but thank you :)

the magic wand should make it a little better...

I don't have PSE anymore, but look at the bottom of the toolbar on the left side of the page and tell me if you have a little symbol that kind of resembles [o] that...

I don't have PSE anymore, but look at the bottom of the toolbar on the left side of the page and tell me if you have a little symbol that kind of resembles [o] that...

i used a magic wand but i couldnt find the right tolerance to use. are you talking about the layermask button? lol

i used a magic wand but i couldnt find the right tolerance to use. are you talking about the layermask button? lol

yes, quick mask :) LOL

I knew what it was called but didn't know if it was in cs3 so I didn't know if you knew what it was :) if you have that and you use a super small, very low hardness brush, you should be able to get a pretty good selection...

As far as the tolerance goes with the magic wand, I would up it quite a bit. Then you'll be less likely to get the white of the dogs nose in the selection :)

Sorry, brain fart - I would start with the tolerance at about 10 and go down from there as needed :)

I feel your pain, I have not had time to take pictures in several months due to school. I really want to get back at it soon. Sunday's are really the only day I could possibly have time but I usually have a back log of HW to catch up on then.

Set your tolerance at 6 and have patience :) It won't be perfect, but it's also not going to be terrible. I was bad and used your picture so I could give you more detailed help, wanna see?

sure i dont mind as long as people ask haha

and i have been well erose :) i just made a thread with some concert pics lol.

dark- it sucks doesnt it? between work and working out (trying to get fit!) i have 0 time

sure i dont mind as long as people ask haha

and i have been well erose :) i just made a thread with some concert pics lol.

dark- it sucks doesnt it? between work and working out (trying to get fit!) i have 0 time

Yeah I don't get home until after 6 from school and by then its dark outside. :(

This Sunday I am going to try and at least take a few.

it's a little sloppy, I used the spot healing on the left side near the table because there were some lines there that didn't change color... was kinda weird... but I ONLY used the magic wand with the tolerance set at 6 to make the selection.

Most reactions

Back