It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A couple that we're friends with have a wedding venue, that has excellent grounds for photos. I've been keeping the old buckboard in the back of my mind just waiting for the right shot. Think I may have found it. A few of my favorites from the Christmas 2018 series. These were pretty much SOC with not a lot of adjustments. C&C always welcome

no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cute indeed. But I loathe images hosted by Flickr and hot-linked to here instead of being directly uoafed here, to the actual postin dite...Such a pain in the butt when viewing the forum on smart phone.

Cute indeed. But I loathe images hosted by Flickr and hot-linked to here instead of being directly uoafed here, to the actual postin dite...Such a pain in the butt when viewing the forum on smart phone.

It can be a pain I agree, but it should still show an embedded image on your smart phone, unless you click to enlarge it.

Very nice! I think I like the tighter crop better, composition-wise, but she really can't take a bad photo. +1 for orneriness!

Nice set................Ba Humbug....

Thank you, but I took the easy route this time and picked a location that had everything I needed!

Very nice! I think I like the tighter crop better, composition-wise, but she really can't take a bad photo. +1 for orneriness!

Thanks Adam, despite the cold, I couldn't have picked a better day/time for light. Overcast sky, made it easy to put up a couple of speedlights with reflector umbrellas. Not sure if it was the cold or just luck, but it only took a couple of test fires on each to dial in the exposure, sat her in the wagon, one more to fine tune and shoot. I'm processing the second batch from the old cabin, there's a couple of ornery ones in that as well.

Very nice. I LOVE #5!! However, being OCD I'd straighten it so that the boards are horizontal. :)

Her expression in #4 is a genuine one I believe. Looks like something has caught her eye. She is cute as a button!

Very nice. I LOVE #5!! However, being OCD I'd straighten it so that the boards are horizontal. :)

Thank you! She has a large repitore of "looks" some not so pretty. LOL I'm pretty OCD as well so I played with level on the last one. She was leaning, so it was a question of having her straight or the seat back level. In the end I left the back unlevel, as kind of a subtle accentuation of the mouth.

Her expression in #4 is a genuine one I believe. Looks like something has caught her eye. She is cute as a button!

Thank you Dean! The location is a wedding venue built around an old barn and as all barns have cats, this one is no exception. Louie a large gray short hair, was checking out photo shoot.

That last one is a wall hanger for sure, and in a large size! ( Maybe clone those marks off the post first!)

Thanks Dean. I thought about cloning the marks off, but can't decide if I like them to break up the white, or not. I've put together a year's worth of photos in a book, this series being the last needed to complete. I may revisit it if this one makes the cut.

Most reactions

Back