It's here.

Wow! Quality looks amazing! Congrats on your purchase. Hopefully, if i get really serious about photography, one day i could get a nice pro camera like that! :drool:

The beauty of the 1D4 is that you can set a min/max ISO setting. So if you don't want to go above ISO 6400, you can prevent it.

I might actually start using auto-ISO on this bad boy in situations where things are moving quickly and I don't want to mess with it. I've never used auto-ISO in the past but given my tests last night I'm pretty comfortable with the implementation on the 1D4 to start messing with it more.

Do you know how much crap I took for saying Auto-ISO was a extremely useful feature on the D90,D300s and D3? There are about 5 pages in one thread bashing me about it from about 10 different people.... :er:

Glad to see someone else has found the potential usefulness.

I have only had my D90 for a few months, but this is by far the most useful & less popular gems I have found so far...It has made major improvements in the quality of my pictures!

oh yeah, I can see it being useful... if well done.

I wouldn't want it for typical shooting, but, for weddings where I'm in a hurry, and am more concerned about getting the shot than playing with ISO settings I would definitely use it.

oh yeah, I can see it being useful... if well done.

I wouldn't want it for typical shooting, but, for weddings where I'm in a hurry, and am more concerned about getting the shot than playing with ISO settings I would definitely use it.
Yeah, it's pretty well done. That's where I would use it, during weddings or other events where speed and getting the shot is more critical than worrying about cleaning up a little noise later.

The beauty of the 1D4 is that you can set a min/max ISO setting. So if you don't want to go above ISO 6400, you can prevent it.

I might actually start using auto-ISO on this bad boy in situations where things are moving quickly and I don't want to mess with it. I've never used auto-ISO in the past but given my tests last night I'm pretty comfortable with the implementation on the 1D4 to start messing with it more.

Do you know how much crap I took for saying Auto-ISO was a extremely useful feature on the D90,D300s and D3? There are about 5 pages in one thread bashing me about it from about 10 different people.... :er:

Glad to see someone else has found the potential usefulness.

If I remember correctly, it didn't exactly go down that way. But whatever.

Tim, nice camera. One slight problem, I think someone on the assmebly line screwed up... that 1D is actually supposed to say D3S:p

You obviously don't.

I was more referring to the fact that you were being insulting to Jerry simply because he expressed his opinion, so yeah, I do remember correctly.

I just thought it ironic that you say ZOMG I took so much crap! when you were the first one to fling an insult.

You obviously don't.

I was more referring to the fact that you were being insulting to Jerry simply because he expressed his opinion, so yeah, I do remember correctly.

I just thought it ironic that you say ZOMG I took so much crap! when you were the first one to fling an insult.

Sorry to crap in your thread inTempus but I just can't stand when people go on and on about something they are clueless on... fiveoboy you're way off base and have no clue about the thread I'm referencing. For the record... in the thread YOU'RE talking about Jerry blatantly insulted everyone that doesn't use 100% manual.

Bringing up my original point that this new tech with Auto-ISO is indeed some of the best new tech found in current gen cameras. If it's actually working well on the 1DMk4 I'd have to assume the metering accuracy and speed was vastly improved.

Sorry to crap in your thread inTempus but........
.... I'm going to anyway because my ego and self-righteousness is more important. I simply must get the last word in.

Isn't that really the sentiment you wanted to share with the class? :er:

Sorry to crap in your thread inTempus but........
.... I'm going to anyway because my ego and self-righteousness is more important. I simply must get the last word in.

Isn't that really the sentiment you wanted to share with the class? :er:

Who are you and why do you think your comment is important?

We were talking about new technology, it's usefulness and it's acceptance. Or lack there of.

this message is hidden because itznfb is on your ignore list.

Awesome, now the adults can continue talking without flinging insults;)

this message is hidden because itznfb is on your ignore list.

Awesome, now the adults can continue talking without flinging insults;)

How adult of you. :er:
Someone needs to put a lock on IA and throw away the key to keep these degenerates from creeping back here.

Most reactions

Back