It's official!!! 5d Mark III @ dpreview

Thank you Canon! This is the perfect wedding camera! Once I buy this, I will be a proud Canon user.

Schwettylens, are you currently an ashamed Canon user??:lol:

Specs on it look good. Lotsa' technology in it. Price is too high for many people though...that extra $500 to $1,000 (depending on how one sees the other options) is gonna cost Canon some sales.

Yeah.. every time I shoot low light I always get mad at my self why I keep buying more Canon lenses and not just make the switch. Hopefully 5D III will fix this problem. Unfortunately I wont have one for another year or so.

I am pretty sure when 5D first came out it was at $3500. Same thing with 5D II.

Sounds like someone needs to buy some lighting gear ;)

Who is going to carry my lighting gear? :). Trying to keep it simple. 2 off camera flash is the most I will do right now for group shots and dance floor shots. You will start seeing me do some home studio work though. We just purchased a new house. I have a room to start a little house studio.

Thank you Canon! This is the perfect wedding camera! Once I buy this, I will be a proud Canon user.

Specs on it look good. Lotsa' technology in it. Price is too high for many people though...that extra $500 to $1,000 (depending on how one sees the other options) is gonna cost Canon some sales.

$500-$1000 is peanuts in the UK it will be £500 -£1000 i think this is going to knock Nikon for 6

Yeah.. every time I shoot low light I always get mad at my self why I keep buying more Canon lenses and not just make the switch. Hopefully 5D III will fix this problem. Unfortunately I wont have one for another year or so.

No point switching most of the top wedding togs in the World shoot with the 5Dmk2, there is a Us photog that lives not far from me Crash Taylor he shoots
5Dmk2
Documentary Nottingham and Derby Wedding Photographer

Who is going to carry my lighting gear?

1 = carries the tripod
1 = carries the flashes
1 = carries the diffuser gear stuff

Life time jobs for your 3 kids and assistance for carrying your gear sorted! Course it might take a few years before they are reliable carriers of gear so till then you'll just have to get another few shoulder bags ;)

This LOOKS like a great camera in so many ways based on specs.. 22MP is the right balance in my opinion. It is weird to see Canon release a camera that screams 'everything a photographer could ever want in a compact body', I kinda wish Nikon had forgotten the studio camera idea and made one of these babies! As I say.. (this is a Nikon fanboy saying this aswell), if you said to me Canon 5D Mark III or Nikon D800? I would pick the 5D this time round.

Is it me or is the new D-800 not the camera everyone was hoping for. I dont hear many positive views on it.

I'm not excited at all about the D800 either.. Aside from 36MP (which...w/e....) it offers surprisingly little over the existing D700. I'm more excited about the 5D3 considering i'm about ||this close|| to buying a 1V.

Yeah.. every time I shoot low light I always get mad at my self why I keep buying more Canon lenses and not just make the switch. Hopefully 5D III will fix this problem. Unfortunately I wont have one for another year or so.I am pretty sure when 5D first came out it was at $3500. Same thing with 5D II.
No point switching most of the top wedding togs in the World shoot with the 5Dmk2, there is a Us photog that lives not far from me Crash Taylor he shoots 5Dmk2Documentary Nottingham and Derby Wedding Photographer
Why would there be no point to switching? I'm sure that photog will upgrade to the mark 3 so I'm not seeing your point?

Here's the DigitalRev's YouTube video of the new camera.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnFaIPCU3d8[/video]

I am with Schwetty on this one... I was NOT a proud 5d2 user. I loved to hate that thing. It became rock solid HATE once I got talked into the 7D.

No point switching most of the top wedding togs in the World shoot with the 5Dmk2, there is a Us photog that lives not far from me Crash Taylor he shoots
5Dmk2
Documentary Nottingham and Derby Wedding Photographer

I have to say I have seen several of them changing... Most notably Ghionis recently switched to Nikon. I wonder if this will be a pinch to him now?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back