What's new

It's okay? portrait.

Vicelord John

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 3, 2009
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Location
Phoenix
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just wondering. Shot with 17-55 f2.8 on D90 with natural lighting and minimal pp just levels.

16939_1249514640858_1319220058_3100.jpg
 
seems faded, not sharp enough the reflections on the building seem too bright. were you shooting midday again?
 
Probably. I dont remember. I shoot when i can.
 
No offense, but if you are trying to take nice pictures, why would you take them at the worst time of day?
Thats like if you were a skier but you went skiing in July.
 
Because that IS WHEN I CAN!

I work office hours and weekends are busy doing things around the house.
 
Then why post pictures asking if they are ok, when the answer is the same every time?
 
Such hostility on here. I have the same issue. I shoot when I can sometimes, because I like to get the practice in and I don't always have a choice with an odd work schedule. Furthermore, if you are a wedding photographer or photojournalist, you don't get to choose when you shoot or where you shoot. You need to make due with whats given you. So with that said, I agree with what was previously said about the building being bright.

Do you use Photoshop for PP?

You could dial back the brightness and then use a second brightness layer that you mask completely black. Then paint using white to add brightess to your subject as if you had used some fill flash. Use a soft brush and lower the opacity so that it is very gradual. You can also adjust the opacity of the layer afterwards to fine tune. I would also adjust the colors. You can use a layer set to like hard light or something like that and then just lower the opacity of the layer to fine tune. Lots of easy places you can start.
 
Yes it is the tempe center for arts
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom