Its really not so bad.

So yeah I'll have to say the mod team here is fairly lenient when it comes to banning... Believe me... I frankly should have been banned a long time ago but am on my best behavior now.

Anyway, the word queer has several meanings, only one of them means homosexual.

It also means things such as strange or slightly ill even. The latter however is a bit dated as a phrase and probably known in Britain only ;)

Yes, that would be a dictionary description. But in Britain the word queer is now linked, pretty much exclusively, to homosexuality. While it is often considered derogatory, the gay community uses it quite freely in a non derogatory way amongst themselves.

Yes, that would be a dictionary description. But in Britain the word queer is now linked, pretty much exclusively, to homosexuality. While it is often considered derogatory, the gay community uses it quite freely in a non derogatory way amongst themselves.

that is on the streets. true. that is why i said the meaning slightly ill is a bit dated. but this exclusively derogative idea about the word is mostly in the below 30 or 40 year old people I would say.

and on the street there is probably a shift away from the derogatory aspect anyway . triggered by the gay community using it in a more proud way.

Yes, I totally agree that some words have multiple meanings, but in context, it's pretty obvious what the meaning was in this case.

We may have great Mods and Admins, but we can't abuse the fact by cursing and posting derogatory words everywhere, all the time.

Yes, I totally agree that some words have multiple meanings, but in context, it's pretty obvious what the meaning was in this case.

I know, this was not me ranting, but just me being a smartass :p

And I still do not like that the word f a g for cigarette is auto-censored on here ;) *** *** *** ;)

:lol:

Dude, FYI there are only 7 articles in the U.S constitution.

Florida's constitution maybe? :confused:

Oh yeah.... My bad it's... Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

I hated history anyways.

Yup... I agree with the initial poster. I looked at and registered on like 15 different sites (wait... 17 to be specific) and the policies and mods here are better than all of the others. Policies like being able to edit your messages, image size limits, number of images in a post, smiley usage, default thread page length, Avatar policies (when and if you can have one), allowable language, and etc. etc..

And as for the mods here, well damn, you just about don't even know they are mods till they move or merge a post and that's just how it should be. Many if not most other sites are modded by people on total power trips - like being a mod is some god like status and all need bow or feel the wrath. Hhehehe.. I'm serious - it's just silly! It's just a dang BBS for crying out loud. :D

Anyway I agree TPF is one really great place and thanks mostly to the good sense of the people modding here!

Who is the admin here btw?

The site owner and Big Goose Admin is Chase. Karissa and I are also admins. The rest of the team are the actual super moderators. We elected awhile back to all be referred to as site moderators on our tags, for simplicity's sake, excepting Chase.

And yes, there are some things we don't tolerate at all, but for the most part we're pretty laid back and like to enjoy the site like everyone else. :)

Interesting thread and I agree with the sentiments expressed, this is indeed an open minded forum and has become my primary outlet for photographic expression. I was until recently a moderator on an Oz photo forum, but left of my own accord as I felt at odds with most of the management team and the members. I accepted that as my problem and moved on....I think eventually though over-control leads to suffocation. I abhor heavy censorship as much as I do villification, it's very difficult to get the balance right on a forum and TPF for me gets it right.

Most reactions

Back