It's that time of year again....

Very nice - thanks for sharing. Would you care to share with us the "technical" aspects of the exposure - aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc. The reason I am curious is that I am going to try and get some fireworks this weekend, if I can just figure out a good location to be in - Canada Day and all that - eh!

WesternGuy said:
Very nice - thanks for sharing. Would you care to share with us the "technical" aspects of the exposure - aperture, shutter speed, ISO, etc. The reason I am curious is that I am going to try and get some fireworks this weekend, if I can just figure out a good location to be in - Canada Day and all that - eh!

The only thing I can guess in this pic is that they used a slow shutter speed. It elongates the trail of the firework.

WesternGuy said:

The only thing I can guess in this pic is that they used a slow shutter speed. It elongates the trail of the firework.

Nice shot lizheaemma. WesternGuy, I would say first of all use a tripod of course, set focus to infinity, iso100, use a remote. Set aperture to around f11 for finer streaks (wider aperture for thicker) and 1-3 second exposures will give you a good starting point then play around with the shutter speed to brighten or darken if needed.

Close on the settings

aperture 11
ISO 100
but exposure is where it gets fun,
I cover the lens with a black piece of cardboard between burst and remove for
the burst, and expose for 30 seconds.

Tripod and remote trigger essential.

Close on the settings

aperture 11
ISO 100
but exposure is where it gets fun,
I cover the lens with a black piece of cardboard between burst and remove for