It's the little bikes turn

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm a huge fan of MotoGP and typically focus on that class.
But I have caught a few shots of the Moto3 class.

_DSC5783PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

_DSC5834PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

Thanks!

The sharpness and color is courtesy of my Nikon 70-200 f/2.8 and the often maligned D7000. The tighter shot was 1/320s and the other was 1/125s both at ISO 200.

I gave the lighting lots of consideration and based where I stood on both the position of the sun and that I wanted to catch the bikes with the riders leaned towards me. I think it makes a much better shot than when they are leaned in the other direction.

Nice motorsports photos. What camera/lens?

These are fantastic imo. Great action and as far as I can make out the panning is spot on. Great background blur, motion blur on the wheels yet the subjects are pin sharp and beautifully exposed. Yeah, fantastic shooting.

Fantastic shooting! Top notch shooting.

Side note: the little 250's sound awesome revving up around 14k rpm and they handle like a dream. I would love to have one of those to ride around the backroads here or the twisties in and around Tennessee.

Thanks for the nice comments, it's making me feel like I know what I'm doing.

Thanks for the nice comments, it's making me feel like I know what I'm doing.

Going by these pics you certainly do imo.

And, as promised, just for K9Kirk..

_DSC5798PS1 16x9 - Copy.jpg

Wonderful. Knee down, brilliant.

Just because of my personal bias towards the MotoGP class, I didn't pay as much attention to the shots that I have from the other classes. I looked in the folder these came from and see there are probably several more that are worth posting. Based on your encouragement, I'll sit down (probably this weekend) and find a few more.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Back