It's too easy....

Xmetal said:
30D a bit outside your price range huh Chris? ;)
Well, I couldn't find it used at the price I found the 20d at...

...I must admit that I keep eying the 5D... I'll skip the 30D and go straight to it.. ;)

:lol:

In about 20 years I might have enough money to even think about getting one.

LaFoto said:
At 18 I had no money at all!

I had money then, but certainly not enough to buy such a camera (well, if it had existed in those days ;) )

Got my first SLR with 21 I think. That was a canon EOS 100 and a horrible lens (by today's standards) ... but I did like it and stayed with that combination for many years!

Theses days however, one wants a new DSLR every 2 years as those things get better and better :( .. and in comparison DSLR bodies are so much more expensive than SLRs are and were ...

Alex_B said:
I had money then, but certainly not enough to buy such a camera (well, if it had existed in those days ;) )

Got my first SLR with 21 I think. That was a canon EOS 100 and a horrible lens (by today's standards) ... but I did like it and stayed with that combination for many years!

Theses days however, one wants a new DSLR every 2 years as those things get better and better :( .. and in comparison DSLR bodies are so much more expensive than SLRs are and were ...
i know, the price is a shame...but so many people think that a nice camera meant nice pictures that if the prices where low everyone would have d2xs's and 1dsII's and fast lenses...and it wouldnt be the same. also, if you shot film with slides (especially medium format or if you shot weddings and needed alot of rolls) the cost would eventually go out the roof, so the cost eventually evens out.

thebeginning said:
i know, the price is a shame...but so many people think that a nice camera meant nice pictures that if the prices where low everyone would have d2xs's and 1dsII's and fast lenses...and it wouldnt be the same. also, if you shot film with slides (especially medium format or if you shot weddings and needed alot of rolls) the cost would eventually go out the roof, so the cost eventually evens out.

Well, fortunately even the expensive cameras don't have the shoot-a-perfect -photograph-button yet ... also there is no inspiration or creativity program even in the most expensive cameras ;)

That is why so much rubbish is produced (including by myself) and that is why photography is so much fun ... because it is a challenge :)

Anyway, agree on shooting slides to be expensive, even in 35mm if you use good film you could spend a fortune. That is one of the reasons I'm becoming more and more digital. It is simply cheaper in the end (if you own the camera already).

My 20D should be here later today....

Anything I should know about it before it gets here?

here are the first things you MUST do whenever buying a new (to you) DSLR:

1. Open the package in an enclosed room (preferably with the door locked). You must slowly unwrap each piece of paper or cardboard, as if it was a priceless ancient artifact. It helps if you are playing the halo theme song as background music.

2. Stick in the battery (or charge it, then stick it in) and open up the camera menu. Browse the entire thing over and over for about an hour or two, then make sure to press every button on the camera.

3. Come up with a name for your new family member.

That's the abc's of DSLR purchasing.

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

:lovey::lovey::lovey::lovey::lovey::lovey:

:drool:

I'm bouncing in my chair.... that's the most amazing thing I've ever read... :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back