Itsy bitsy spider

Aquarium Dreams

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This adorable little spider was only about a quarter inch/half a centimeter long. These are my first critter macros. Any C&C greatly appreciated.:)

479482782_ce4b28edb1_o.jpg

479482780_6637a5022b_o.jpg

Pretty good.

Good shots, you got the eyes in focus

Thanks for the comments!

It was my first time, so I was excited, but I know these aren't great. Does anyone have suggestions for what I can do next time to make better macros? I'd really like to get better at this. Thanks.

how about a water spout, a spot of rain, then some sun, leading to a revitalized cute little creature instead of scaring the crap outta me?

macro shots: well done. the dof is so very shallow (as you know) and you did a great job of managing focus and controlling the dof. further, assuming you didn't glue down the li'l feller, great job in capturing something living, moving, and unpredictable.

Hey, they have interesting eyes, these spiders do! Whoa. Cool.
I like to see yourself reflected in them in the second. That one is best. Extremely shallow DOF, makes it obscure and interesting. You have to THINK beyond what you can see, yet there is a clear focal point, which is the eyes, and you in them :D. Cool.

how about a water spout, a spot of rain, then some sun, leading to a revitalized cute little creature instead of scaring the crap outta me?

So you like it?;) I've heard there are water spouts nearby, where giant spiders are fabled to build fantastic webs on sunny mornings after the rain. (I'm not kidding!) Maybe one day I'll capture a few.

This little guy was a hopper. He would kind of swivel in place, turning to look in every direction, then hop off in one of them. After watching a few hops, I knew when he'd be facing me and how long I'd have to shoot him. Utterly absorbing and much fun.:)

Hey, they have interesting eyes, these spiders do! Whoa. Cool.
I like to see yourself reflected in them in the second. That one is best. Extremely shallow DOF, makes it obscure and interesting. You have to THINK beyond what you can see, yet there is a clear focal point, which is the eyes, and you in them :D. Cool.

I was surprised he let me get so close without hopping away, since I must have appeared like a monster to him, judging by the reflections in his eyes! Happy the dof works-- he was sooo small, only a very little bit could be in focus at any time.

Thanks for the comments! :goodvibe:

These are very nice. I love the DOF. My thread is above yours, tell me what you think of those recent ones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back