Ive been asked to photograph a gig! Im scared!!!

manda said:
Help!
A guy found my radiohead photographs on an Aussie rock music forum and emailed me to ask me to come see the band he manages play and shoot them!
Im scared as hell because I know nothing about lighting and spot meters and all that technical stuff, I just know how to work with the lights a little.
Im scared of stuffing this up.

I so need a teacher to help me before now and then!
I'll be much closer than I was at Radiohead and worried I will get crap shots.

Ugh!!!!!
First of all, Kudos man, and second of all what pictrues did they see? don't panic and go with your eye, thats the most important thing, bring lots of rolls so you shoot lots of pics and calm yourself down in the process, if they picked you out its because they liked the photo, not because the lighting is perfect and you exposed it well, most of our work, we can pick it to pieces with all the flaws that we know could be better, but the one that looks at your picture and likes it, isn't seeing that it could be better and that you overexposed your pic, flaws that we see in our pictures could give a certain uniqueness to the photo that "by accident" makes it nice to the overall composition of the pic. I've got lots of pics that change now and then in the desktop, and I know the flaws that each has, and that I would of liked to be better. One day my mom saw one of my pics and asked who took it, when I told her I did, she said that it was at par with what she's seen and that I should keep shooting. Lol although when you get a coment like that from family you always thing "yeah right" but take it seriously.. anywayz good luck man and always remember that what's important is the uniqueness you capture in your pics, and not allways the technical part wich you see flawed or you don't feel that you know enough

hi manda
nice one!
dont be scared

use a support (if you are not using flash)
you maybe using shutter speeds of 1-2 seconds you know.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back