I've been feeling a little "high contrasty" lately

Shaychic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$DSC_6565b.jpg$_YU77370b.jpg$_YU77081bw.jpg
Hello! I'm new here. My name is Shayla, I'm a mother of three littles (3 and under) and have a small photography business that keeps me busy and the little mouths fed- but more than anything I think it keeps me sane. lol
I've been leaning toward high contrast black and whites lately. What do you think?

I have this nagging desire to go back to b&w film.. Who here has had the pleasure of dark room experience? Anyone still play with film? I'd have to brush up on my developing processes but seriously, I'd love to pick it up again.

Welcome to TPF - I like these; very nicely done. As for film... I haven't been in a wet darkroom in probably fifteen years, but I have to admit, I too get that nagging twinge every now and then, especially when i see what developing and scanning my MF film is costing me! :lol:

Welcome Shayla.
Very nice "entry" with this pictures. Beautiful ! However I don't see any high contrast here. All are silky smooth, like shot on Tmax film :D.
Film ? Darkroom ? Tirediron converted to dark side long ago, so did millions of commercial photographers. And very lucky for us, darkroom equipment is dirt cheap nowadays. The first big question is, if you have space for some small darkroom. Despite many loud opinions darkroom doesn't need running water in it. Yes, it is convenient, but only that. The second question is, if you still have the patience for film and darkroom in times of speed (from clicking to forgetting the picture in 5 minutes :D).
There is plenty of folks still shooting film and using darkroom. Some here many more on other, dedicated only to that forums. So good luck in developing this desire of yours fully and any questions just ask in film and darkroom section of TPF. :thumbup:

I particularly like the third one, the sky seems contrasty but - like a stormy sky. Nicely done.

I still shoot film (and some of us can help flame that desire to return to the light! lol). I've done darkroom work, not currently since the shared darkroom I'd been using at a local college was in a building that got renovated. So I got into doing alt processes, sunlight and paper and a little fixer. And Polaroids, take the picture and develop it all in one nice tidy packet of film and emulsion!

Oh I do have a digital camera too, just added it to the various film cameras I already had. And welcome!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back